Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Spots during pregnancy and gender

(3 Posts)
Chicci1 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:33:57

When I was pregnant with dd my skin was horrific - I was plagued with spots all over my face, chest and back. They started almost as soon as I got my bfp and we're my biggest pregnancy symptom. Now three months pregnant again and skin is totally clear. Just wondering whether this might be a sign of a boy this time. Would be delighted either way I should say! Did many people who had bad skin in pregnancy go on to have good skin with other pregnancies and was it indicative of gender?

harleysmammy Sat 22-Apr-17 16:34:58

I'm 38 weeks with a little boy and I've had the worst hormonal acne since 6 weeks. It was actually what made me take a test as I normally have pretty good skin. My sister has had one boy and one girl and had perfect skin both times. I think it's just old wives tales x

calimommy Tue 25-Apr-17 05:33:19

Yeah I had problem skin with my previous two boys but then they this time I was fine and was also very sick whereas I'd not really had nausea with the boys... im having a third boy! Haha every pregnancy is different I guess x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: