Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

7cm ovarian cyst previous CIN 3 cells and 6 weeks pregnant scared

(9 Posts)
Courtneybrown Fri 21-Apr-17 20:28:19

Hi ladies I'm sorry this may be long.
This is my third pregnancy so far had two scans for extreme cramping and high blood pressure along with a ovarian cyst.

today I had my 2nd scan measuring at 6weeks 3days seen my bubbas heart beat.
But can't shift this feeling I'm going to loose this baby.

I'm so stressed out I had a surgery in September to remove a 10cm cyst of left ovary and now it has came back and growing 1.5cm every week and I've had loop treatment for CIN 3 on my cervix to top it off I fell pregnant 3 weeks after coming off contraception implant. Hospital are scaning me every two weeks and they are saying they will be discussing at my 12 week scan what they are doing about cyst they said something about surgery during my pregnancy or removing my baby early and giving me surgery at same time I'm so scared I'm a carer and have been told to be on light duties.

Has anyone else went through this and there baby been ok I thought seeing baby was ok would put me at ease but it hasn't.

Courtneybrown Sat 22-Apr-17 19:29:39

Anyone sad xx

leighdinglady Sat 22-Apr-17 20:03:06

Gosh. I don't have any advice I'm afraid but how terrible for you. Early pregnancy is terrifying enough. You're in the right hands though and cysts aren't normally dangerous (I think) It's amazing what doctors can do nowadays. Good luck

Courtneybrown Sat 22-Apr-17 20:06:34

Thank you hun. I just feel like I can't enjoy my pregnancy with this hanging over me and don't know what the right thing to for my baby is have the surgery half way through it remove baby early.

There also saying I may have to have my cervix stitched shut at 20 weeks due to CIN 3 treatment as baby can try come out early just so panicky

Nikita90 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:15:03

Hi Hun. I'm not going through what you're going through but something similar. In early Jan I went to the doc with a chest infection and they found a lump in my throat. I was referred to ENT consultant who, after biopsy and scan, decided he needed to operate to remove to determine whether it's cancer. Me and my husband decided to stop TTC. few days before the op I did a pregnancy test as I felt different. Sure enough I was pregnant. It was such a stressful time. My consultant decided to monitor the lump and I get scans to check to see if it's grown. I'm 19 wks pregnant now and I do worry about what it could be, but try to put it to the bsck of my mind. For now I don't need an op. And hopefully won't until the baby is born. If you ever need to chat you can message me.

leighdinglady Sat 22-Apr-17 20:15:24

Have the doctors said if you're safe? Surely if you were in real danger they'd tell you now?

RedDahlia Sat 22-Apr-17 20:22:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpwJd Sat 22-Apr-17 20:24:46

I know someone through a friend of a friend who found a cyst at her scan. It was pretty big. They scanned regularly as I am aware and kept an eye as to whether they should remove the cyst versus risk to the pregnancy.
They did operate in the end later on in the pregnancy which did carry a rick to the pregnancy (sorry I don't know how far along ). Baby and mum were both fine.

Hope this offers some peace of mind. X

PowerofThree Sat 22-Apr-17 21:40:00

With regard to the CIN3 removal, as they are talking about putting in a stitch, they will probably do an internal scan further down the line to measure the cervix and if it is under a certain length they will look at treatment such as a stitch. Having CIN3 cell removal doesn't mean you will definitely need the stitch. I had had cells removed and had a scan at 21 weeks which showed no problem. If you look under the ante-natal clubs section of the forum you will find a thread called the short cervix club which has women talking about their experience of the stitch etc and it might be helpful to ask there.

As pp have said, with the cyst it's size is such that if you weren't pregnant they would probably be looking at surgery so they will be monitoring it's growth and balancing risk of not removing it v risk of surgery. If you are lucky, it may reduce of its own accord - I had a 5cm cyst at 5 weeks (just below the size when they start regular monitoring of non pregnant women prior to considering surgery in my trust) but it reduced on its own and had gone by my 20 week scan. I know it is not very helpful but I think all they can do at the moment is to keep monitoring.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: