Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Taking aspirin to prevent third miscarriage ??

(9 Posts)
user1491111724 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:23:09

Hello,

I have recently suffered two miscarriages, and think I could be pregnant again.

I haven't had any testing as to why the miscarriages happened but have read that a low dose of aspirin can help prevent ??

Any one experienced or tried this ??

X

PositiveAttitude Fri 21-Apr-17 17:36:22

I had 4 miscarriages and was prescribed a childs dose of aspirin for when I was pregnant afterwards, which I took every time we were trying to conceive again. I went on to have 4 healthy children, so it seemed to work for me!

Topsyloulou Fri 21-Apr-17 18:00:26

I had 2 mc, then DS, then another mc & now pregnant again. I spoke to the Dr after BFP this time & he says to take 75mg of aspirin once a day. Have to take it for the rest of the pregnancy. I'd speak to your dr before taking it but there is a strong view that it does help prevent further mcs. Good luck.

10storeylovesong Sat 22-Apr-17 07:30:47

I had 4 early mc last year and my ds (4.4 years now) was born at 27 weeks due to a large blood clot on placenta. I've never tested positive for any kind of clotting disorder but took aspirin and progesterone from getting bfp this time and currently 17 weeks.

calimommy Tue 25-Apr-17 05:42:58

I took 75mg aspirin with my fourth pregnancy. My first baby was ?IUGR and then I had two miscarriages so my consultant prescribed high dose folic acid (400mg) and 75mg aspirin daily. I have a different doctor this time and although I described my previous experiences she wasn't concerned about taking the same. I have my anomaly scan in a week and even thought baby is v busy in there, I'm starting to worry about his growth! Sc-anxiety is real!!!

user1491111724 Tue 25-Apr-17 06:07:43

Thanks everyone , I only miscarried 3 weeks ago and still had remaining hcg .. level was going down very slowly from 30, 26, 23.. so I had to wait a week to do a pregnancy test, and it came back a strong positive so had to go back for more bloods. They actually come back 85, and 48 hours later they had doubled to 150 so she says I have a new pregnancy which is absolutely crazy to Think I have fallen pregnant so quickly and with hcg still in my system. I am back today for my bloods so fingers crossed the numbers have doubled, and then will have an early scan when the numbers reach 1500.
The nurse I spoke to said it's ok for me to take small dose of aspirin and I am too on a higher dose of folic acid, so here's hoping it works and I don't miscarry for the third time this year x

10storeylovesong Wed 26-Apr-17 12:38:47

Oh wow, congratulations! Best of luck with this pregnancy xx

user1491111724 Thu 27-Apr-17 00:09:11

Number only went from 150 to 195 ...so they have said it looks like a failing pregnancy. Haven't had any bleeding or pain yet so just going to watch bloods 😰

Fleanne Thu 27-Apr-17 18:52:21

Sorry to hear that flowers x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now