Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth scan

(6 Posts)
AmyG87 Fri 21-Apr-17 06:55:16

Hi ladies.

I saw my midwife yesterday & have been referred to the hospital for a growth scan today as the measurement on the growth chart is lower than previously.

I'm 37+2. It was a different midwife as my usual one was ill so it might be that they measure differently but I'm still worried (although she's told me not to be)!

Has anybody else had a growth scan this late on & what should I expect??

Thanks x

GreenGoblin0 Fri 21-Apr-17 07:39:39

I had one in my first pregnancy. exactly same scenario had a different midwife. growth scan was fine and baby was completely normal size.

measuring not that accurate as can change depending on babys position and who is measuring.

in terms of scan they will measure different parts of baby. completely different to other scans as baby too big to fit on screen! good luck and do try not to worry.

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 15:50:49

I had 2 in my first pregnancy because I was so petite my numb always measured smaller but both scan revealed no issues with baby at all and he was born perfectly healthy! Don't worry about it, it will just be a precautionary measure. Good luck! X

AmyG87 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:14:40

Thanks ladies. All was ok & measuring fine smile x

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 17:50:33

That's great! They just like to put us mummy to be's through our paces!! X

kel1493 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:03:35

I had one at 37 weeks, as I was measuring 30 weeks gestation. They just said I'd have a fairly small baby. Nothing to worry about though.
Glad all was okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now