Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp pains in my tummy

(6 Posts)
Lauraw1989 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:32:08

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I keep getting sharp pains in my tummy every so often. Anyone else experienced this? Is it something I need to see the GP about?

Iambubbles86 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:33:28

Its been a few years but if I remember rightly it could be the ligaments stretching. Are you getting movements yet?

Lauraw1989 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:38:26

No, well I don't think I have ...

I feel knackered 24/7 and I still feel sick first thing in the morning and last thing at night

sad

mummabubs Fri 21-Apr-17 13:47:58

I'm 16 weeks and get these too- I work with a lot of nurses who instantly labelled this as ligament stretching, so I'd say it's probably that! Hope they ease up for you x

HN42 Fri 21-Apr-17 22:12:02

If they keep coming and going its likely they are just stretching pains, I had them from very early on in the pregnancy until around 18 or so weeks.

Lemondrop09 Fri 21-Apr-17 23:51:09

When you say tummy, are the pains in your actual stomach or in the pelvic area? I had a few 'twangs' near my hip bones tonight which made me stop and say "ouch!" and I reckon they were round ligament pain. If it's actually your stomach hurting, it might be something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now