Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh god the tiredness.

(8 Posts)
NannyPlum82 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:02:32

I am 9 weeks pg with my fourth baby. (Have 2ds, our second baby was stillborn at 39wks).

Youngest is currently 4.5 and i have forgotten completely how tiring the first trimester is. I am a teacher (had a different job during my previous pregnancies) and come 3pm all I can think about is getting home for a nap. H has been on holiday this week so he has been able to watcb the other so i can nap when i get in. I've just slept for 1.5hrs and could totally just sleep again now... yawn!

Please let me get over it soon!!

AbbieV Thu 20-Apr-17 20:08:53

Hello, I am in the same boat. I am 11 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby and DD is 14 months. Oh the tiredness... I am sure it wasn't this severe with my 1st pregnancy. I only work part time and still struggle at that. I completely feel your pain. The second trimester can't come quick enough!!! Keep going Mummy, it won't be long xxx

Eeeeek2 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:29:36

7 weeks and exhausted, but thankfully not so sick as first time around yet

Can anyone remind me how long this lasts?

ruthieruthuk Thu 20-Apr-17 21:54:24

I was talking to my friend today who is currently further along than me, 18wks, i am currently nearly 10wks n suffering from tiredness, she said hers got better around 12wks but then has resurfaced recently, i currently have three other children but luckily my hubby is out of contract atm so he is able to help out more so that i can take naps as of when needed.

I find that keeping busy and keeping active is a good way to conquer it.

Our bodies are going through a lot, so its understandable really but hopefully u will start to feel better soon x

Hollyhop17 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:29:52

And to think Serena Williams won a grand slam during the first trimester! I have HG so not a typical pregnancy but I did find I needed to nap a lot less in the second trimster. Bearing down on the third next week and have noticed the naps creeping up again...

Scaredycat2016 Fri 21-Apr-17 06:54:36

I work full time and have 6 horses.... My first trimester consisted of getting up, doing ponies, going to work, doing ponies, dinner and bed...at 8pm sometimes earlier. The tiredness was absolutely awful, like bone achingly, legs of lead awful. Once I got to about 14 weeks it eased though. I've found a routine really helped and not beating myself up about being tired and boring! I'm 25 weeks now and I manage to stay up past 8pm (most of the time haha) chin up ladies, growing a tiny human is exhausting but it will improve ☺️

I'm also 9 weeks - I've been told it peaks between 9 and 10 weeks and I really hope so because I can't take much more of this.
I'm so exhausted I constantly feel sick, which means I can barely eat which I'm sure just makes me more exhausted.

I want to take to my bed for the entire weekend and just not move

NannyPlum82 Fri 21-Apr-17 07:24:20

Sorry others are suffering too... I'm such a morning person normally but I just can't get moving in the morning at all. Yawn.

Roll on nap time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now