Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Travel insurance when pregnant

(5 Posts)
tatree Thu 20-Apr-17 15:10:16

Hi all - travelling to Greece when 29.5 weeks pregnant and about to sort my travel insurance, I know it needs to cover me and also baby if she decides to come early (hopefully not!).. just wondering if anyone else in the same position and who you used? Thanks

TabbyTurmoil Thu 20-Apr-17 17:08:39

I've just come back from a holiday in Southern Europe at a similar gestation - I bought an All Clear Gold policy because it covered me for going into labour up to 32 weeks - it was the first one I found that went past 28 weeks. But obviously check the conditions yourself before buying.

My gp said not to worry about insurance and just take EHIC card but I didn't feel comfortable with that.

oatybiscuits Thu 20-Apr-17 17:10:17

I'm in the same position only I'll be 33 weeks, eep! Is there anything in particular I need to look for?

Disastronaut Thu 20-Apr-17 17:10:18

Someone's just started another thread about this today. They had some good suggestions so I'm watching it. Scroll through the Pregnancy section, it's around!

chelle85 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:27:21

Insure and Go cover up to 32 weeks and cover expenses for baby. I have just purchased their silver policy for a trip to Sorrento in May for £22. Was the only company I could find that explicitly stated what pregnancy complications were covered in the policy booklet.

If you are travelling after 28 weeks make sure you also check whether airline requires a fit to fly certificate from your doctor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now