Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pains @ 5w3d been told possibly eptopic

(6 Posts)
mummyhawk16 Thu 20-Apr-17 09:49:36

ok ladies i really need some advice......i am currently 5w3d having only found out last thursday we were expecting dc#2....please bear with me on this but i am terrified....sunday evening i sneezed and got an awful stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen this then stayed as mild period pains. cue work on monday i sneezed agen and the pain then didnt go, my boss made me go to hospital and get checked, they started mentioning eptopic pregnancy and miscarriage etc...they kept me in overnight and i had a scan the following morning but with being only 5 weeks there was no fetal pole. i was sent home and have a scan on the 28th but i still keep getting the pains and i am now barely sleeping and speding every waking moment terrified that im going to lose my baby....has anyone else had this and can anyone shed some light please i never had this with DS xxx

Foggymist Thu 20-Apr-17 10:20:30

Well usually the stabbing pain when sneezing or moving suddenly is round ligament pain, but that wouldn't last as sustained cramping.

mummyhawk16 Thu 20-Apr-17 11:44:31

makes me feel slightly better they did loads of exams and blood tests and the scan was an internal one. bloods came back fine with a minor kidney infection but they never mentioned it again. they said the yolk sac and everything is in place and at normal size for 5w3d but cant rule out eptopic. not sure if the cramps are normal as quite a few threads ive read say they are but i cant remember having this with DS 4 years ago. i think its more worry that they have told me eptopic because now im terrified all the time and its a long wait to next friday for the scan.

Chinnygirl Thu 20-Apr-17 11:50:37

It'sabit hard to see if it's ectopic till around 8 weeks.

I spent a night awake with horrid pains around 5 weeks with my second pregnancy. It was nothing. I had a miscarriage later on but it wasn't connected to eachother.

Try to relax because it probably is nothing. If it is ectopic you probably wouldn't feel it at this stage because it's so small.

Chinnygirl Thu 20-Apr-17 11:51:17

And every pregnancy is different.

mummyhawk16 Thu 20-Apr-17 11:57:51

yeah im trying not to its just the fact they told me eptopic and said they cant rule it out its worrying me more than anything, fingers crossed il go next friday and everything will be ok but doesnt help the worries smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now