Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need a boys name that is similar to Brooklyn

(19 Posts)
Sophiemck95 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:25:32

So, I LOVE the name Brooklyn but I can't have the name Brooklyn for my baby boy as his father has a friend with a daughter called Brooklyn.

Can anybody suggest a BOYS name that's similar to Brooklyn?

Baby is due in July.

Thank you

Goatfucker Wed 19-Apr-17 21:30:29

Similar in what way? The sound of it? I can't think of a name that sounds similar to Brooklyn.
Try Manhattan or Harlem smile

Emma2803 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:31:25

What about Brody? Or Brady?

GastonsWife Wed 19-Apr-17 21:31:40

Brooks? I think there is an actress with a son called that but I can't Thinks who!

Takeheed Wed 19-Apr-17 21:31:45

Cruz or Romeo confused

wizzywig Wed 19-Apr-17 21:32:30

Macy? Metro? Liberty? Carnegie? Jet? Cagney? Lacey?

Emma2803 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:36:24

Or Brooker? It's more of a surname but I think you could use it as a first name too. Or Harlow?

leccybill Wed 19-Apr-17 21:36:25

Names like
Carter
Jensen
Jackson
Addison
have a similar feel I think.
Or Brandon, or Brayden.

None of which I'd choose but each to their own!

haveacupoftea Wed 19-Apr-17 23:08:01

Just call him Brooklyn. Who cares if somebody else has a baby called Brooklyn?

Oysterbabe Thu 20-Apr-17 07:21:24

Head over to the baby names board, you'll get lots of useful suggestions over there.

EpoxyResin Thu 20-Apr-17 10:35:07

I really think you can use Brooklyn in those circumstances, especially as you love it.

ILookedintheWater Thu 20-Apr-17 10:38:18

Where was he conceived? I think that's how the Beckhams chose Brooklyn.
It certainly opens up your options....
Cleethorpes? Bishop Stortford? Norwich?

littlenicky61 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:38:34

Bentley

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 20-Apr-17 10:38:52

Bronx
Queens
Manhatten

MyNameIsntTaken Thu 20-Apr-17 10:43:56

Agreed it would be weird for two friends to both have kids with the same name. Don't do it. I see people are saying to just use it anyway, but I've never heard of anybody calling their child the name that their friends child already has, it's no different just because it's the father's friend.
Imagine if they have play dates, they won't know which is being called haha.
I like Brandon or Brooke as alternatives. Some baby name sites can give you suggestions for names based on names you already like.

Teddy6767 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:48:42

Hudson, Devon, Brandon or Jackson

EpoxyResin Thu 20-Apr-17 11:27:24

Agreed it would be weird for two friends to both have kids with the same name.

Would it? I don't think I still see anyone who is the child of a friend of my parents around the time that I was born often enough to care that we have the same name! Life's a long time, friends come and go, and children of friends don't often have a lot to do with each other beyond the age of playdates - they're not likely to even be at the same school surely?

But I'm prepared to be wrong, and certainly if the OP isn't comfortable with it then it's a done deal. I like a lot of the alternatives suggested, particularly Bentley and Brandon.

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Thu 20-Apr-17 12:22:09

Franklin

MyNameIsntTaken Thu 20-Apr-17 13:22:47

That's true epoxyresin many people do lose contact over time. I think that many don't though. I would call my child the same name as an acquaintance but not a real friend. I have a couple of friends who I'll likely know forever, even though we don't see each other as much as when we were younger we still talk very often and I would just find it strange if we had kids with the same names even if they were different ages and would never have a playdate. I have a child with a very similar name to one of my friends kids though.

I might see it differently because of my own name though. My DH has the same opinion as you, but he has a more common name. My name is more rare in this part of the world, as are all my siblings, so when I hear of someone with the same name it's always a thing for me whereas my DH doesn't bat an eyelid when he hears somebody with his name. I might just find it strange because of that, because I do know lots of people do see it the way you see it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now