Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby hates me sitting down!

(5 Posts)
brownear Wed 19-Apr-17 10:03:11

Hi, I'm 20 weeks. I need to sit right back when sitting in a seat, if I lean forward at all my baby protests by kicking me until I sit back. Lol! Very annoying! But it must be getting squished if I lean forward!

Anyone else have this problem? blush

HeyCat Wed 19-Apr-17 10:16:36

Ok, he's not necessarily protesting by kicking.

The movement might be waking him up so he kicks, or he might have more space or be at a different angle etc.

You really can't assume kicking means he's unhappy! You're only 20 weeks, so you're going to get kicked a lot more as he gets bigger.

So don't worry, he's not getting squashed, he's not annoyed or unhappy, he's literally just kicking because that's what healthy babies do in the womb smile

DinosaurFanGirl Wed 19-Apr-17 10:20:59

I'm 25wks and I have the same, whenever I sit or lay down it's just constant rolling and kicking. Means no sleep for me and painful ribs during the day in the office! I feel for you OP x

NotAnotherUserName5 Wed 19-Apr-17 12:18:34

I'm 31.5 weeks and mine does this when I'm laying on my side, she starts kicking where she can feel the mattress.

It's a good sign of baby is reacting to movement and touch smile

brownear Wed 19-Apr-17 14:56:18

Good to know it's not just me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now