Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness starting at 12+5. WTH?!

(6 Posts)
MotherOfBeagles Tue 18-Apr-17 22:25:09

Just as the title says really I'm 12+5 today and the nausea has really decided to break me. I've felt waves of nausea but not actually been sick and really strong food aversions that have nearly made me sick but only actually been ill once up until today. Now it's kicking my ass.

Anybody else been through this? When will it stop? God I hope this isn't for the rest of the pregnancy.

I wasn't even being smug! I was so relieved and thanking every known deity for not making me have it. Now I want to crawl into bed and stay there for months. sad

user1478902502 Tue 18-Apr-17 23:11:31

Hi, you probably don't want to hear this but I had similar! I had constant nausea from 6-13 weeks but no vomiting. At 13 weeks the vomiting hit me pretty badly. Most days 3-4 times a day. I'm 28 weeks now and it's eased a bit, no longer daily but still often enough. It hasn't helped with the weight gain because I find the only thing that sometimes helps is eating so I try and snack through the day (not that this always works!). I'm just trying to focus on the end result and it being worth it!

MotherOfBeagles Wed 19-Apr-17 16:09:18

Ugh that's sucky! Sorry your struggling too! Mine seems to be worse when I brush my teeth lol. But considering I've already been to the dentist and been told I have pregnancy ginigivitis it's not something I can avoid sad

Hopefully it'll calm down soon! Hope you feel better soon too!

MissMooMoo Wed 19-Apr-17 20:17:03

My vomitting started at 10 weeks! Thought I was a lucky one to miss it until it just happened. Went on for 5-6 weeks and then a random day at 25 weeks I threw up again.

ThisIsActuallyHappening Wed 19-Apr-17 21:52:06

Hi - yes I can relate (and I think explain!). I had horrid nausea but no actual sickness throughout my first trimester. Second trimester arrived and I suddenly had awful full force morning sickness! (And yes absolutely agree with user147... that eating helps massively - little and often seems to really help).

According to my midwife, what causes women to feel sick in the first trimester is the increasing hormones to support the embryo. In the second trimester, when embryo becomes a foetus and the placenta starts to take over and releases hormones/the body releases hormones to support the placenta (can't remember exactly but it was to do with hormones associated with placenta!) and this is what causes second trimester sickness. So that's why some are suddenly effected near the end of the first trimester. Mine has eased at 20 weeks now, hope the same happens for you.

I also had the teeth brushing induced sickness by the way and found a change of toothpaste (milder, less minty taste) and avoiding brushing right at the back of my mouth vigorously helped enormously.

MotherOfBeagles Thu 20-Apr-17 12:19:43

Yes to the teeth brushing! I am really struggling! Oh well thanks for the explanation hopefully it eases soon =)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now