Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness - what helped for you? It's making me miserable

(44 Posts)
Carryon90 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:05:40

I've thrown up every meal I've eaten today, except for a couple of small snacks (a small pasty and handful of nuts).
Threw up my tea, started to feel really hungry again so had literally 2-3 leaves of salad and a glass of milk and just feel so sick again.
The nausea is constant, I know I'm being a wimp but I just can't stand it!! What can I do?

BillyButtfuck Tue 18-Apr-17 22:16:13

The only thing I found that helped me was 'soft crisps' like skips and wotsits which soft of melt in your mouth. I can't explain it but I could keep them down.

user1492080882 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:17:16

Ginger beer. The expensive/posh stuff that contains a decent amount of actual ginger.

fuzzywuzzy Tue 18-Apr-17 22:18:13

This will sound weird but vitamin b complex. I started taking it and morning sickness and nausea stopped. I had it really severely with my older two and have been fine with this pregnancy so wonder if it would have worked with my older two as well.

duxb Tue 18-Apr-17 22:18:27

Cheese Quavers & icelollies.

PebbleInTheMoonlight Tue 18-Apr-17 22:18:34

Things that helped me...

Both pregnancies:
- orange lucozade
- nibbling ginger biscuits

1st pregnancy:
- salt and vinegar crisps

2nd pregnancy:
- fruit pastilles

First pregnancy it never went away. I have to nibble ginger biscuits pretty much every 5 minutes to stave it off.

Just listen to your body, if it likes something and it stops you feeling ill then eat/drink it.

Best of luck.

tissuesosoft Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:05

Fruit ice lollies (del monte etc) at any time of day or night. Lucozade. I had HG throughout the entire pregnancy, you have my sympathies!

caprifun Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:18

Eat little and often, have a pack of dry crackers to hand at all times. And jelly for some reason I could keep down. And sleep as much as is humanely possible. It will come to an end eventually, but it is horrid feeling that bad, you have my full sympathy.

Carryon90 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:56

crisps and ginger seem to be a recurring theme

thank you thank you xxx

TeaTeaTea Tue 18-Apr-17 22:21:05

Salty crisps (french fries!) or mini cheddars helped massively for me. Eat them slowly, packet of mini cheddars lasted all morning once but just nibbling on them seemed to help.

honeycheeerios Tue 18-Apr-17 22:22:31

Drugs!

Cyclizine is literally the only thing that helped.

None of the old wives tales worked, I wanted to cry every time anybody told me to just eat a ginger nut.

I lost weight, fainted, had literally no energy it was a horrid time.

ToffeeForEveryone Tue 18-Apr-17 22:23:05

Lemon sherbets. Fizzy water.

flowers this too shall pass.

BillyButtfuck Tue 18-Apr-17 22:23:41

Good luck with it flowers

squirre1 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:24:51

Orange ice lollies.

thenightsky Tue 18-Apr-17 22:27:59

Fried rice from the chinese take-away with lashings of soy sauce (Blue dragon variety only)

PositiveAttitude Tue 18-Apr-17 22:28:34

Travel sickness wrist bands!

LauraMipsum Tue 18-Apr-17 22:49:09

Ginger biscuits didn't help. Ginger sweets (you can get them in Holland and Barrett) made me puke. Plain biscuits didn't help. I had HG and was in hospital unable to even keep down water at one point, it was horrific.

At the stage where I would have tried literally anything, someone on here said to try a plain McDonald's burger - not a big mac or a cheeseburger, just a plain 99p burger. I hadn't set foot in a McD's since my teens, but this was not a time for principles and it worked. The first thing for WEEKS I ate that stayed down. I still remember that feeling of suddenly having just slightly more energy and not being about to puke.

After that, cyclizine was also pretty bloody good.

sophr2017 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:53:48

Wearing sea bands and eating potato waffles. I couldn't deal with crisps and I love a crisp!

mummabearfoyrbabybears Tue 18-Apr-17 23:00:34

Giving birth was the only thing that helped when pregnant with my daughter. Didn't have it at all with my three boy pregnancies. Try sipping water often and nibbling anything you fancy to keep your blood sugar up. Congratulations OP smile

Imjustsaying Wed 19-Apr-17 01:50:32

Lucozade has been my life saver throughout

OlennasWimple Wed 19-Apr-17 02:20:48

Stem ginger biscuits - has to have the real stuff in them, things like Ginger Nuts just have the flavour not the stuff that helps combat nausea

FenellaMaxwellsPony Wed 19-Apr-17 03:19:26

Crisps, fizzy water, cola bottle sweets. I grazed on these the whole pregnancy, and once I passed 16 weeks could also stomach mashed potato with gravy, and macaroni cheese. That was pretty much it!

Jenni2legs Wed 19-Apr-17 03:30:12

A packet of crisps in bed ten minutes before trying to get up.
Take folic acid/vitamins later in day with big meal or they made me queasy again.
Chips and curry sauce from Chinese and crisp sandwiches - dense, bland, salty and nutritionally sparse food!

McBaby Wed 19-Apr-17 08:22:45

Ditch the pregnancy vitamins, folic acid only.

Sweets - refreshers and love hearts.

Travel sickness bands

Just eat what you want and don't worry about it being healthy or not!

Tried all the medication from the doctor it made v little difference except making me want to sleep 24/7 not possible with 2 and 4 years olds.

Redyellowpinkblue Wed 19-Apr-17 08:28:17

Travel sickness bands and drinking Complan as it was literally the only thing I could keep down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now