Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone having trouble breastfeeding?

(3 Posts)
AnyFarrahFowler Tue 18-Apr-17 19:36:20

Has anyone had any experience of breastfeeding whilst pregnant? Anyone's little one start refusing to feed?

DS is almost 15 months and I'm 10+3 with DC2. Last night and tonight we settled down to our bedtime feed (the only one he takes now) and he latched on, pulled a face, and burst into tears. I'm wondering if my milk has changed? My midwife said it wouldn't until right at the end when my milk becomes colostrum again, but I don't know what else could be the problem? He's never refused milk before.
If he's decided he's finished then that's fine, but I suppose I'm just a bit sad!

HeyCat Tue 18-Apr-17 19:41:24

Think it's pretty common - the hormones make your milk taste different, so the toddler doesn't like it so much

RaindropsRoses Tue 18-Apr-17 20:05:29

There's a section under feed the world about feeding babies I'm sure you'll get more answers from women currently breastfeeding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now