Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like SPD?

(5 Posts)
Crisscrosscranky Tue 18-Apr-17 19:35:00

I'm 27+6 and I'm so uncomfortable. Symptoms are:

Stabby pains in my vagina
Pain/Pressure down below when standing up after sitting down for a while (feels a bit like a weight dropping followed by an ache) and when walking (especially longer strides/stairs)

Baths help as does holding up my stomach with my hands- supporting the weight. I'm not overweight (5'2" and 9 stone pre-pregnancy; I've put on about 8.5lbs to date) and didn't have any pelvic pain with previous pregnancy (more than 9 years ago!)

I am seeing midwife next Tuesday but not sure whether to make an appointment to see GP earlier?

HeyCat Tue 18-Apr-17 19:37:12

Yes that sounds like SPD - see your GP and ask for physio

ElspethFlashman Tue 18-Apr-17 19:37:30

Could be. You definitely need to ask her about a belt. There may be a class you can attend and you could get a Physio referral.

Doubtful you need the GP tbh.

Queensparkles Wed 19-Apr-17 00:21:19

In my area your midwife will refer you to physio at your local hospital, and yeahthat sounds like SPD I'm going through the same thing (for the second time) it's like a dull throbbing ache right in your pubic bone

user1492428652 Wed 19-Apr-17 01:29:52

It sounds like spd to me, I was diagnosed with it when I had my Dd 6 years ago, for most it will disappear once baby is born, unfortunately for mine didn't, and it's a whole lot worse this time round. I was given a tubular bandage last time to wear under my clothes like a mini skirt to keep things in place and found this helped along with a bump support. Definitely speak with your go or midwife so they can get you on the phisio waiting list x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now