Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3 Boys

(16 Posts)
Lavri Tue 18-Apr-17 18:56:29

Hi,
Can't believe I'm writing (let alone feeling this) but we just found out today that we are having a third little boy. I was so relieved that all was ok but now I feel quite flat about having another boy and I'm so ashamed of myself. We have two gorgeous boys and this is definitely our last. I was convinced this was a girl as this pregnancy has been so different so was quite surprised to hear it's another boy. I love my two and they are the sweetest, cuddliest boys but I was looking forward to not being the only female in the house.

Can anyone help me shake this feeling? I am so frustrated with myself for not just being happy and relieved that all is well. I know we are so lucky and I am being ridiculous sad. Please be gentle!

mummabubs Tue 18-Apr-17 20:31:33

Bless you- not about to judge your reaction at all! I'm one of three girls (my poor dad!) and am now 15 weeks pregnant with my first and to be honest I'm desperate for a little girl. Obviously I will still love a son but I will openly feel a bit sad/disappointed to not have a girl if that's where we end up. (We're not finding out). Sending virtual hugs and empathy- hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and your boys appreciate their brother! X

Lavri Tue 18-Apr-17 21:15:20

Thanks mumma for your lovely message-the boys are very excited and I know I will be too. I just wish I could shake this mood. Hate feeling like this!

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy too!

BagelDog Tue 18-Apr-17 21:17:48

I felt a bit like that when I found out number three was our third boy, but actually now he is very much here and they are a total fab pack of loons and he is the sweetest and cuddliest little dot ever, I am actually quite glad he is another boy. The three of them are such a close band, and keep me way too busy to miss anything!

UnbornMortificado Tue 18-Apr-17 21:21:35

I know a few people who feel similar. I'm terrified I might be expecting a boy (I'm 18 weeks) I have two daughters and lost two sons late in pregnancy.

Although I know there is nothing scientific about my worry I still can't help it.

Congratulations flowers

Isthisusernamefree Tue 18-Apr-17 21:23:14

Hi Op, I felt a bit like this last week when we found out. I'm beyond grateful to have a healthy baby and I know that rationally it was silly, but it took some getting used to. This is my first baby, but I have two step sons and two male dogs, so sometimes my house feels like one giant penis. And the stray urine makes me want to ban the human males from the bathroom entirely. It didn't help that I had allowed myself to be convinced by others it was definitely a girl, but this household could definitely do with another female!

A week later and I've settled in to referring to bump as a he and have bought him a few bits and pieces and I feel like the initial shock has subsided. Just give yourself a few days to take it in and don't beat yourself up about it, be kind to yourself smile

gluteustothemaximus Tue 18-Apr-17 21:23:25

You can't help how you feel.

Don't be too hard on yourself; you only found out today.

It's better to find out now, and have time to get used to it. By the time your gorgeous little boy makes an appearance, it will only be about how lucky you are to have 3 healthy boys.

That's why I advocate finding out, helps to mentally prepare.

Good luck with everything, 3 dc's are fab smile

Passthebiscuit Tue 18-Apr-17 21:24:31

Totally normal - you're not disappointed he's a boy , Just disappointment there isn't a girl ( if that makes sense - it's not the baby himself you are sad about but just not having the set up you imagined / hoped). Can you buy a new baby outfit to make you more excited? You will have a lovely family smile

Etak15 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:30:34

It is completely normal feeling - I didn't find out with mine because I would have felt the same (but girls not boys) but when the baby's actually born there's no disappointment when you find out the gender. It's lovely to have 3 of the same though esp when close In age and hopefully they will stay close as they grow up. We did go on to have a ds as well - now I feel like he should have a brother - not having anymore though grin

thebakerwithboobs Tue 18-Apr-17 21:31:35

Oh OP: flowers You can't help how you feel so cut yourself some slack! However, I promise you, you will treasure all three....my husband and I have six sons and it's chaos. Amazing, testosterone fuelled, really smelly chaos. I will only allow female pets to try to redress the balance! Good luck with the pregnancy and meeting your little boy 😊

Lavri Tue 18-Apr-17 21:53:26

Wow six sons baker, that's amazing! Thanks so much for all your lovely messages, I know I'm being silly and it will pass. This is a much wanted pregnancy after two losses and DS2 was very sick for the past few years...I had told myself (and everyone else) that I just wanted a healthy baby and nothing else mattered. I guess I was shocked by the strength of my reaction!

My boys are such gorgeous, kind and sweet little boys-I know I'm lucky to have them. I haven't even told DH as I'm so embarrassed by my feelings and I don't think he would understand. I imagine he has realised given how quiet I've been though. I kind of regret finding out as we didn't with the boys and I was so smitten with them when they were born. I just want to feel excited again sad. Thanks again all, x

Lavri Tue 18-Apr-17 21:55:11

So sorry to hear about your losses Mortificado, hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly flowers

Lavri Tue 18-Apr-17 21:57:03

Totally understand the bathroom thing Isthis...our next house will have one bathroom that is mine alone...well i can dream!

Mummamayhem Tue 18-Apr-17 22:00:02

I can understand how that might feel but from another perspective, how exciting 3 boys! They'll be a fab little tribe and I'm jealous of having the same sex siblings. I've tried and failed to have a 3rd, I liked the idea of my boy or girl having a sibling of the same sex. Imo if your 3rd was a girl she'd be a bit left out (ok ok potentially!) Honestl, you'll be ok once he's here.

Lavri Tue 18-Apr-17 22:14:36

Thanks Mumma, I did think that. I have 2 sisters so would probably always be conscious of her being the only girl... and this is definitely our last one!

Tommy Tue 18-Apr-17 22:28:45

I have 3 boys. We never found out before what we were having because I think I would have felt like you do now. As it was, when I realised, DS3 was male , I had literally one second of being upset then I never thought about it again.
It's great - noisy and smelly - but great. I also have a great excuse to go off on girly weekends or shopping trips with my friends.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now