Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

tcc after 2nd trimester mmc

(9 Posts)
Setanta Tue 18-Apr-17 18:35:26

hi ladies lovely to read so many positive stories,im new here so forgive me if im posting in wrong forum,
I had a missed miscarraige in February...I belived I was 18 weeks but baby had died around the 15 weeks mark. I was induced and gave birth.
It's now been 11 weeks and all I can think about is trying again.but I'm terrified. I also had an early loss at 6 weeks last year so my nerves are shot.
I have 2 older kids at home and I keep telling myself I should content myself.
What are the odds of it happening again... and is it too soon...im 34 and my big kids are 11 and 7 so im feeling the presure, also i havnt had any results yet of tests and samples of baby ( i live in rural ireland so maternity services arnt the best)

GastonsWife Tue 18-Apr-17 18:38:14

No advice but I am sorry something so awful happened to you flowers

mysecret321 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:04:28

Didn't want to read and run...Im so sorry for what you've been through

Setanta Tue 18-Apr-17 20:14:09

thanks you ladies,its very hard,i initally said no way never again, but now im thinking and yearning if that makes sense

mysecret321 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:34:44

I myself had two miscarriages and I'm pregnant again, I think it is only natural we want to be pregnant again- don't know if you had it but I just remember this massive hole in my tummy after each miscarriage, I felt like someone ripped my baby out of me. You were further along than me, so your reaction doesn't surprise. I hope it all goes ok for you x

NotAnotherUserName5 Wed 19-Apr-17 04:25:50

I'm so sorry sad

I can understand your anxiety over trying again. I lost my baby earlier than you at 13 weeks. After 3 healthy babies it came as such a shock.
Have they given a timeframe for the results?
flowers

perfectpanda Wed 19-Apr-17 09:02:57

Sorry to read about your loss. I had a late miscarriage 4 years ago. Slightly different circumstance as a chromosomal abnormality was picked up on cvs. So I always knew the cause. I remember the feeling of needing to be pregnant again. They always reassured me that my chance of the chromosomal abnormality happening again was no higher than to anyone else. But my chance of miscarriage was always higher as I was over 40 . Anyway, we completely stopped trying after i turned 41 and now I find myself 32 weeks pregnant at the age of 44, completely unplanned! I was very worried until 20 weeks but all seems fine to date They do keep a closer eye on me because of age and miscarriage history. I really hope you get more information soon and best of luck. I've been allowed lots of extra early scans and have increased midwife support because of the late loss so if you do get pregnant again, I hope you get the same .

Setanta Wed 19-Apr-17 23:19:43

Thanks ladies for your words of advice
It's been 10 weeks and iv heard no results yet. Iv a Gyne appointment next Wednesday so il be pressing for answers then and of notice have to look for my notes under the freedom of information act.
I feel here in ireland it's still kinda brushed under the carpet . I don't live in a major city so I'm attending rural general hospital and tbh it doest have a great rep.
In saying that midwives were ae just consultant and higher docs were ass"s

Setanta Wed 19-Apr-17 23:21:49

My spelling is attrotious. I ment to say midwives are Ace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now