Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Birthday break while pregnant

(5 Posts)
Jimny14 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:13:53

First post here so please move if in wrong place. My fiancee is pregnant with our first, and we're due October 11th. It's her birthday mid August and I was wondering about going to Edinburgh for the tattoo. Having never been and all this pregnancy thing being new to us I'd like to surprise her with the trip but don't know how she'll be by then. She's pretty fit and so far she's doing well, just tires a bit at night and is going to bed a bit early (only 30 min or so). Has anyone been to the tattoo whilst this pregnant? I don't want her to be uncomfortable and not enjoy the spectacle. Any suggestions of other birthday treats would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone
James.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 18-Apr-17 19:55:28

Where are you based? Is Edinburgh a far away trip?

I'm in Glasgow and visited Edinburgh when I was very pregnant and didn't enjoy it much. It's very hilly which was tough and very very busy everywhere - I struggled with spatial awareness when pregnant as not used to having a giant belly to manouver!

Also the seats at the tattoo are plastic which could be very uncomfortable.

I personally prefer spending time in nature... when I was pregnant nothing made me feel more settled than taking a walk through a forest or beach. We stayed here near Loch Fyne - the staff were amazing and so helpful plus there's a gorgeous spa onsite. The hotel accomodation onsite is also lovely but this was just a bit special. Nice food, pottering around, meandering walks - no crowds!

portavadie link

Notsure1234 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:05:12

I would have loved to have gone to Edinburgh at that stage of my last pregnancy. Possibly the only worry would be the uncomfy seats as Troll says.

Every woman and every pregnancy is different though, there's just no telling until the time comes how she will be feeling

Jimny14 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:57:33

Thanks for your comments, it was the chairs and crowds I was most concerned about. Maybe I could leave the trip until next year? Little one would be ten months, maybe a good time for a night away? We're in Lancaster BTW. I just dont want to feel that I've dragged her up to Edinburgh if she's going to be uncomfortable etc. Maybe look at going to the lakes for this year or somewhere closer by.

user1492458803 Tue 18-Apr-17 23:08:20

When I was about that pregnant with our first we stayed in a gorgeous country house hotel, gentle walks around the estate, lots of talking and lying about doing nothing, ate in the restaurant, I enjoyed lots of non-alcoholic cocktails and the next morning whilst OH nursed his head I went to the spa for a massage singing about how I would never drink again because nothing felt as good as no hangover (that didn't last long after the baby arrived! :D)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now