Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Another piles question

(4 Posts)
RaindropsRoses Tue 18-Apr-17 17:57:47

Didn't want to hijack another thread. 34 weeks with awful big piles but they don't hurt or anything so I'm wondering if I should be treating them or just leaving them? Do you only treat them if they hurt or is it worth getting some cream anyway?

They are massive but I only know about them because I can feel them there (like something sticking out my bum which obviously they are!) Which is uncomfortable but not painful, and occasional small amounts of blood on tissue when I wiped.

Tia

westeringhome Wed 19-Apr-17 04:22:56

Are you sure it's piles and not a prolapse of some sort? I would maybe get the doc to have a look if you're not sure. If it is piles, if they don't hurt now I'd be treating them anyway smile

RaindropsRoses Wed 19-Apr-17 21:10:34

Definitely piles... look like grapes!?Sometimes I can gently push them back in, sometimes not but they'll usually go back up after a while anyway? I've had them on and off for years because of ibs but obviously pregnancy has made them so much worse.

samatamfabahaba Wed 19-Apr-17 21:17:50

I would get some Anusol. It does shrink them and makes everything a bit more comfortable. I have two little ones that don't bother me at all other than just being present but I use Anusol every day and it's really helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now