Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ovulating?

(18 Posts)
Plodder30 Tue 18-Apr-17 13:56:12

Hi all, it's my first time using one of these ovulation strips. Could any of you give any insight on if I am ovulating now or will be....

I'm on day 12 now. Had unprotected sex last night so wondering if I had a chance of being pregnant?

Thanks in advance.

Emma2803 Tue 18-Apr-17 16:32:14

I don't think this strip has worked, the control line is very faint also.

Plodder30 Tue 18-Apr-17 17:33:12

Oh sad thanks! I've just tried another. Attached a pic...

Emma2803 Tue 18-Apr-17 17:49:36

That's better, not quite positive yet, can you start doing them twice a day, say 2 and 8 pm? To make sure you catch your peak? And keep dtd. Good luck!!

Plodder30 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:11:34

Thanks Emma.
So last nights was probably too early?

CatRash Tue 18-Apr-17 20:11:35

I think sperm can live for up to 7 days or something so last night's sesh might have worked.

Tbh I never had the test line darker than the control line - it probably only ever got as dark as yours is and I fell pregnant.

Just have lots of sex the next few days.

Enjoy and good luck!!

Emma2803 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:15:34

It depends on when you ovulate, so sperm can live for about 5 days, but is you don't know when exactly you will ovulate better to just keep doing it until you are sure you have

Plodder30 Wed 19-Apr-17 17:26:01

Okay so now I am even more confused... these are today's ones. Same time as yesterday. Now they are a lot fainter!! What does this mean?

Emma2803 Wed 19-Apr-17 18:00:05

It means keep testing. It's normal for the levels to fluctuate like that, just keep doing them.
Here is my chart this month.

Emma2803 Wed 19-Apr-17 18:01:31

Around Cd 15 mine got dark but not quite then really faint again then super dark Cd 19/20 and I ovulated on cd21

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 16:07:16

I was told I'd never fal pregnant naturally and last year, low and behold, I did! Now, I am 13 weeks pregnant again and planned this pregnancy wth ovulation strips. They can be a little tricky to read at times. The first one you have posted is definitely not valid, the second one you're not quite ovulating, you want the second line (furthest away from pee bit) to be really dark in colour I.e the same colour as the test line or pref darker! I tracked my cervical mucus, when your CM looks like raw egg whites then that is your most fertile window, accompanied with your positive OT. Good luck and keep us all posted smile xx

Plodder30 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:39:39

Thank you Cammys! Congrats on your pregnancy.

See my newly attached images.
So confusing!

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 17:47:05

It totally is confusing I know how you feel. To me.. day 13 looks the most fertile out of those. Notice how the line is very dark and prominent, darker than the test line. That to me would suggest ovulation in the next 24h. That's in my opinion tho and just based on my experiences. I highly recommend the OVIA trying to get pregnant app it gave me tips etc and told me when to check my CM.
I know it's gross.. but when you have a positive OT have you recorded what your CM is like?

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 17:49:02

Oops just realised I said Day 13, day 12 looks your most fertile! Sorry! Also a little tip.. I got very very faint cramping when my egg was being released so you could keep an eye out for that too just so your totally in tune x

Plodder30 Fri 21-Apr-17 18:06:59

Thank you! Il download that app smile
I haven't recorded it no, I don't think I have noticed any :/ but not really been looking either.

I did have slight cramping on day 13 and today day 15 I have kind of all over cramping / dull belly ache and feel a little nauseous.

I just don't know if I'm imagining it haha as this is my first proper month of testing after I came off the pill in Feb (had a 28 day cycle In march and now on cycle 2)

I dtd on day 11 and day 13 so fingers crossed smile x

Lemondrop09 Fri 21-Apr-17 18:14:03

It's an art, not a science. Some people have a LH peak which only lasts a few hours so it can be easy to miss. I reckon you've ovulated around Day 12, even though you never got the exact positive. I'd stop testing for this cycle. As mentioned above, sperm can live for several days so better to get in to early rather than too late.

I found the Clear Blue digital dual ovulation kits really clear. Smiley faces, no squinting at lines.

Funnily enough, the month I got pregnant was the month I didn't bother testing! You could just try having sex every other day.

Cammysmoma Fri 21-Apr-17 18:19:11

It's so hard trying to be so patient lol! I found that when I started checking my CM it helped me so much! Look on google images for the different types of CM, i know it's gross but it will help!! Feel free to PM me at any point, you'll fall in no time!!! X

Plodder30 Fri 28-Apr-17 15:11:37

Well I defiantly OV at some point. Got this this morning!! I think I must be 9DPO smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now