Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 6 weeks

(10 Posts)
newmumtobe86 Tue 18-Apr-17 09:51:00

I miscarried at 8 weeks 4 months ago
I'm not 6 weeks pregnant and bleeding lightly
Any advice? X

newmumtobe86 Tue 18-Apr-17 09:51:23

I meant I'm now 6 weeks
Not I'm not 6 weeks lol oops

Lweji Tue 18-Apr-17 09:53:31

If you're not in pain it could be normal. Try to relax. And fingers crossed for you.

Twinnypops Tue 18-Apr-17 10:38:58

Go and see your gp to be on the safe side x

mummabubs Tue 18-Apr-17 14:01:10

Yeah, call GP and ask for an EPU referral- they always encourage you to mention bleeding asap. I had bleeding at 6 weeks, was referred to EPU within hours of speaking to GP, had a scan and all was fine- I'm now 15.5 weeks. Better to know either way and then you can relax if it's good news and not worry about the unknown x

newmumtobe86 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:19:40

My GP wasn't very helpful
Said not much will be done at 6 weeks
I've rang EPU unit at my hospital and awaiting a callback x

Pjta Tue 18-Apr-17 15:12:15

Hi all wondering if anyone could help,
Am 16 weeks 2 days pregnant and have had severe sickness for 2 days. I can't keep any food down but have managed to keep fluids down. Now am getting a really painful contracting pain in my upper stomach which literally stops me from doing anything. Is it worth going EPU?? Don't want to waste anyone's time if it's nothing just in a lot of pain.

Thank you x

newmumtobe86 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:25:28

Had a call back
Told to ring my GP to get referred to hospital for scan asap
GP have passed me to midwife as should have already been referred
Midwife centre doesn't answer the phone 😩

newmumtobe86 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:31:19

@Pjta I would go to the EPU. You are never wasting anyone's time x

mummabubs Tue 18-Apr-17 16:16:07

@newmumtobe86 sorry to hear your GP was so unhelpful to begin with- as I said I was 6 weeks when I had bleeding and my GP wrote a referral letter to EPU immediately at 5:30pm and made an appointment for me to go for a scan at 9am the next morning. He was keen to emphasise that any bleeding should be checked out- hope you manage to get hold of the midwife centre and have your mind put at ease! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now