Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleed at 5weeks, slight cramps and loss of symptoms

(6 Posts)
beccasbabyno1 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:48:02

Hello, i was wondering if someone could give me some advice. i am currently 5+3Weeks pregnant according to the first day of my last period. i tested positive last monday after having cramping for about 6 days and sore boobs (i thought this was my period starting). After the 2 positive tests i continued to have sore boobs, then came frequent urination and hunger every couple of hours, i still continued to have slight cramping and lower back pain. Last saturday when going to the loo there was bright red blood when i wiped no clots, since then there has been light brown discharge sometimes when wiping very faint most times, i rushed to the doc on call and she has referred me for an early pregnancy scan this coming saturday, i am really worried as i no longer have those early preg symptoms that i had, my boobs are no longer sensitive and am no longer peeing as frequent the continuous hunger has dissapeared too. is this normal in early pregnancy or could i have miscarried? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Becca x

oliversmummy26 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:37:43

Bless you, how worrying for you...

Bleeding in early pregnancy although not normal is unfortunately very common. The fact that the red blood has turned to brown is a really good sign. Brown blood is old blood.

Had you DTD before the bleeding started? At this early stage it could just be implantation bleeding.

I am 19+2 now and have had bleeding on and off since the beginning, I had 3 scans before my 12 week NHS one, each after suffering a bleed and everything was absolutely fine with the baby. Yesterday at 19+1 I had another bleed and was in A&E all morning, finally got to see a heartbeat on ultrasound and all well, baby has been kicking away like nothing happened today!

I sincerely hope that everything is fine with your baby, have you had any more red blood since the brown started?

Sending hugs and flowers

beccasbabyno1 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:03:31

Hello thanks for your reply smile Yes the bleed was a one off bright red blood when i wiped although it turned brown straight away afterwards, that lasted for a day just spotting. I DTD on the friday evening and the bleed happened saturday afternoon. I have an early pregnancy scan on thursday as i rang and pressed for one sooner as i am really worried.

No red blood at all since; which is a little hopeful, so sorry to hear of your scares glad everything was ok with baby.

xox Rebecca xox

oliversmummy26 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:50:14

That sounds exactly like what I had. My bleeds tended to be about 24 hours after DTD, and then went brown relatively quickly. Only ever there on wiping too.

I will keep everything crossed for you, but it all sounds very positive to me! Good luck on Thursday and let me know how you get on - keeping everything crossed for you

beccasbabyno1 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:13:02

Thank you so much! i really appreciate your message, has put me at ease a little, will let you know tomorrow how the scan goes! xo

beccasbabyno1 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:30:26

Hello smile went for the scan today it was an internal one, all looked well with baby! smile sitting nicely in the womb! going back in a couple weeks for an external scan and hopefully hear a heart beat! so relieved!! smile
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now