Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleed at 5weeks, slight cramps and loss of symptoms

(7 Posts)
beccasbabyno1 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:48:02

Hello, i was wondering if someone could give me some advice. i am currently 5+3Weeks pregnant according to the first day of my last period. i tested positive last monday after having cramping for about 6 days and sore boobs (i thought this was my period starting). After the 2 positive tests i continued to have sore boobs, then came frequent urination and hunger every couple of hours, i still continued to have slight cramping and lower back pain. Last saturday when going to the loo there was bright red blood when i wiped no clots, since then there has been light brown discharge sometimes when wiping very faint most times, i rushed to the doc on call and she has referred me for an early pregnancy scan this coming saturday, i am really worried as i no longer have those early preg symptoms that i had, my boobs are no longer sensitive and am no longer peeing as frequent the continuous hunger has dissapeared too. is this normal in early pregnancy or could i have miscarried? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Becca x

oliversmummy26 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:37:43

Bless you, how worrying for you...

Bleeding in early pregnancy although not normal is unfortunately very common. The fact that the red blood has turned to brown is a really good sign. Brown blood is old blood.

Had you DTD before the bleeding started? At this early stage it could just be implantation bleeding.

I am 19+2 now and have had bleeding on and off since the beginning, I had 3 scans before my 12 week NHS one, each after suffering a bleed and everything was absolutely fine with the baby. Yesterday at 19+1 I had another bleed and was in A&E all morning, finally got to see a heartbeat on ultrasound and all well, baby has been kicking away like nothing happened today!

I sincerely hope that everything is fine with your baby, have you had any more red blood since the brown started?

Sending hugs and flowers

beccasbabyno1 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:03:31

Hello thanks for your reply smile Yes the bleed was a one off bright red blood when i wiped although it turned brown straight away afterwards, that lasted for a day just spotting. I DTD on the friday evening and the bleed happened saturday afternoon. I have an early pregnancy scan on thursday as i rang and pressed for one sooner as i am really worried.

No red blood at all since; which is a little hopeful, so sorry to hear of your scares glad everything was ok with baby.

xox Rebecca xox

oliversmummy26 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:50:14

That sounds exactly like what I had. My bleeds tended to be about 24 hours after DTD, and then went brown relatively quickly. Only ever there on wiping too.

I will keep everything crossed for you, but it all sounds very positive to me! Good luck on Thursday and let me know how you get on - keeping everything crossed for you

beccasbabyno1 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:13:02

Thank you so much! i really appreciate your message, has put me at ease a little, will let you know tomorrow how the scan goes! xo

beccasbabyno1 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:30:26

Hello smile went for the scan today it was an internal one, all looked well with baby! smile sitting nicely in the womb! going back in a couple weeks for an external scan and hopefully hear a heart beat! so relieved!! smile
xx

oliversmummy26 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:56:56

That's great news - I'm so pleased for you, what a relief!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now