Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need some advice

(10 Posts)
Mrsfoggie Mon 17-Apr-17 18:06:51

Hi really need some advice, iv got my dating scan this Thursday so not sure how far along IAM iv guessed I'm already 12wks, on Monday I felt a lot of fluttering n know for sure it was the baby the next day felt it again but iv felt nothing since, I had 2 mc and really worried but is this normal

Heirhelp Mon 17-Apr-17 18:09:01

My DD is nearly year so I can't remember but I am pretty sure 12 weeks is very early to feel your baby. Could you be more than 12 weeks?

Mrsfoggie Mon 17-Apr-17 18:12:05

This is my 2nd pregnancy I'm adamant that is was the baby I felt it all day on that Monday and the next day, n nothing since.

Heirhelp Mon 17-Apr-17 18:14:54

I know you are suppose to feel a baby earlier with second pregnancies as you know what you are looking for.

Even if you have felt your baby, and it sounds like you might, early on when they are so small it is normal to feel movement I intermently.

Good luck for your scan.

Mrsfoggie Mon 17-Apr-17 18:16:09

Thank u smile

haveacupoftea Mon 17-Apr-17 18:39:26

Do you know when your last period was?

DreamingofItaly Mon 17-Apr-17 18:40:03

I don't want to scare you but if it was me, I'd move the appt forward. If you've felt your baby before and you don't now then there could be a problem. Have a read of the Kicks Count website, http://www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/ to answer any questions.

Best of luck and congratulations!

Mrsfoggie Mon 17-Apr-17 19:10:23

Don't know how far for sure, I have my dating scan this Thursday can't b any more then 13wks.

arbrighton Mon 17-Apr-17 20:33:21

At 12- 13 weeks, they are still really really small so might have just moved somewhere you can't feel them.

You won't feel anything definite for a good few weeks and they don't ask you to monitor movement/ report on changes in it until 28+ weeks

LauraK1987 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:27:07

I'm 29weeks with my second and felt her from around 11 weeks. I would go days without feeling a thing but it didn't worry me at all as I knew she was tiny and still had so much room to wriggle around in, your baby won't really move daily/form a pattern till much later in. It's totally normal for the feeling of movement to be really intermittent at this stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now