Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

fed up of constant movements

(15 Posts)
DinosaurFanGirl Mon 17-Apr-17 07:51:32

Sorry for the need to rant on here but partner is off to a bike meet today and so I haven't got him to rant at.

I'm just so fed up of baby moving this much! I'm only 25wks +5 and I don't know how to deal with these movements for another 3 months.

Woken up second day in a row with having such little sleep from how much baby moves, its constant. Like he literally is always moving. Even during the day no matter what I'm doing he is turning and kicking constantly and its making me so sore and tired. I've tried being calm, doing activities, talking to bump, drinking lots of water.

Maybe its all the chocolate ive eaten over this weekend?

I've read its no concern having an active baby but does anyone know how to calm him down so it isn't constant?

I know I should be grateful for feeling him moving and knowing he is fine but its making me feel total despair at lack of sleep and constant pain x

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 17-Apr-17 07:57:05

If it's not normal and is a sudden increase in movements then you should go in as soon as you can.
If it's normal for your baby then that's fine.

I found my two were more active when i was still and would sleep when I was active and walking around.

DinosaurFanGirl Mon 17-Apr-17 08:00:50

It doesn't say anything about increased movement being a concern on the leaflet I've been given though by MW about when to be concerned about movements...

Baby has always been active, but usually quieter in the mornings and not constant throughout the dat but just last two days its literally constant. :/

NeedABumChange Mon 17-Apr-17 08:02:23

lots of chocolate= lots of caffeine? Uneducated guess.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 17-Apr-17 08:03:17

It's any change in movement should be checked out.

DinosaurFanGirl Mon 17-Apr-17 08:04:24

Yeah I've eaten over the past 3 days 2 medium sized Easter eggs and two slices of cake. I don't usually eat this much sugar and I've limited my caffeine intake up until my chocolate feast...

I'll stop eating chocolate today and hope it calms him down!

Foggymist Mon 17-Apr-17 08:29:42

Sugar has a massive effect on them when eaten in large quantities, but if it continues after you stop I sympathise. At 30-35 weeks I used to be in tears with the pain and discomfort of the movements, I had a very small bump so my organs and lungs were so squashed. One of the reasons I'm grateful he was born 3 weeks early, I couldn't have gotten through another 3-5 weeks of it!

dilapidated Mon 17-Apr-17 08:34:42

Sugar and caffeine bad. Too much chocolate sounds to be a likely culprit.

My bump goes crazy after just a snifter of the stuff

DinosaurFanGirl Mon 17-Apr-17 08:42:08

Thank you for your replies, I'll text my MW just to let her know baby has crazy movements now to be on safe side as Abbey has suggested. But I shall also stop the chocolates haha, darn Easter goodies!

Mustbeinsane1984 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:25:06

Oh bless I'm with you on this one! I'm 30 weeks and I carry pretty small although the baby is perfect size for gestation and I'm lucky enough not to have put on much weight so I can feel every movement. It's amazing but it gets a bit wearing when you are trying to switch off or sleep! I'm not a big chocolate eater nor drink coffee so I guess it's just one of those things. I find lavender scent and a simple camomile tea help wonders. My doctor prescribed melotonin? (I think that's how it's spelt) natural sleep pills?? I have taken them a few times when I've been desperate for a sleep. The good thing about them is it helps keep you asleep. I think you can get them from Holland and Barrats but check with your midwife or doctor that they are safe for you to take. Good luck

summerfling Mon 17-Apr-17 22:46:12

I went in for INCREASED movements & got laughed at.

Docs told me they'd NEVER worry about increased movements as it means baby is well, I was on the monitor & my baby was kicking so much, they couldn't track his heart rate, however said they were very happy with the fact he was okay as he was moving so much.

Op, enjoy the movements, every last one! It's the only way your baby can tell you he/she is okay.

I promise you, if the movements slowed down, you'd worry!

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 18-Apr-17 09:13:05

Yep could defo be sugary food or drinks that you are eating but a good idea to keep an eye on patterns etc. My DD1 went through a week of just moving constantly during the day, like jerky movements at around 26 weeks was driving me nuts. Found playing her music helped xx

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 18-Apr-17 09:14:48

MW said increased movements are normal and baby's movements will continue to increase usually until they settle into a regular pattern closer to 30wks.

I shall try the lavender and camomile tea if not then I might have to seek some help from medication! Struggle at work today due to another restless night. Thought I wouldn't be sleep derived until baby was born, silly me!!

DinosaurFanGirl Tue 18-Apr-17 09:15:07

*deprived

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 18-Apr-17 20:30:11

I'd complain summer as laughing at a patient is pretty appalling.

A sudden increase in movements can be a sign of fetal distress. Take a look at some of the stories on kicks count. Anything that is abnormal for your baby shouldn't be laughed at, how awful.
There is a gradual increase as pregnancy progresses though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now