Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third trimester RAGE

(3 Posts)
peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 17-Apr-17 07:35:22

I don't recall this from my previous pregnancy, but perhaps that was because I didn't have a 2yo then. I'm 33 weeks and all I've done this week is lose my shit with him.

I'm not a pleasant person to be around, and I feel horrendously guilty that the new baby is causing me to behave this way towards my first baby, whom I usually have a great relationship with.

He must be really confused and upset that mummy a) can't and won't get on the floor and play with him anymore, b) can't and won't carry him around (he's 17kg ffs!), and c) has zero patience for any normal toddler behaviour.

I feel like shit and I can see in his face that he doesn't understand. I don't want him to resent the baby (I'm only having a bloody second for his benefit when they're older).

I'm also panicking about how I'll behave towards him when the baby is here and I'm even more hormonal and tired.

I had severe PND and psychosis last time around and I'm acutely aware of not wanting to frighten DS if it happens again. But I'm already behaving inappropriately. Poor DS sad

Moan moan moan.

haveacupoftea Mon 17-Apr-17 19:00:57

Are you seeing anybody about your mental health? Irritability is a sign of depression, might be worth talking to your midwife/consultant about this.

peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 17-Apr-17 19:08:16

Yeah have various longstanding MH problems, on ADs and am under consultant and MH MW, both of whom I'm seeing this week. Just needed to vent I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now