Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How often should you get Braxton Hicks?

(4 Posts)
chelle85 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:58:42

I'm 22+4 weeks and seem to have been having a lot of BH for the last couple of days. From what I have read some women get them as early as 20 weeks but I am wondering how frequent they should be this early.

I had about 4-5 yesterday and a couple so far today. I've been drinking quite a bit of water today as I didn't drink as much as usual yesterday but don't feel dehydrated.

DinosaurFanGirl Sun 16-Apr-17 19:29:24

I believe that BH occurrences are different for everyone in terms of frequency as they can be set off by different things like dehydration, stress, exercise and arousal. The further on in pregnancy the more frequent they occur.

I noticed by BHs first of all at about 15wks and now at 25wks I have them very frequently, nearly hourly I notice them. Just by changing position I can relieve them.

DinosaurFanGirl Sun 16-Apr-17 19:30:38

BHs are irregular too so they will differ in how many you experience daily.

chelle85 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:18:34

That's helpful to know. I've been having quite a lot of stretching pain this last week aswell. Was just concerned that the BH were maybe a bit too frequent for so early on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now