Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Emosh day and hubby doesn't understand

(2 Posts)
mummy2pickle Sun 16-Apr-17 15:51:38

Sorry I just need to vent. I am 29 weeks pregnant with my second child and have felt fine up until recently.
My dd is 3 and a handful never stops. I work 3 days a week and hubby works 7 days on the run then days off. He is a shift worker so makes things harder.
I suffer spd and have now got a aching lower back and tailbone. I am not sleeping as tossing and turning all night and as soon as hubby arrives home at silly o clock I'm woken again.
Everyday I am expected to get dd out so he can sleep in and relax before his next shift. I am exhausted and just want to cry. He sat and told me whilst I was out he's made himself cooked lunch and went for a leisurely drive!! When do I ever get to relax before work and time to myself. I am close to tears as he feels dd is my responsibility but physically hurting from running around so much after her.
I am the only one with a husband like this please and reassurance would be good

SuperSix77 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:27:07

That's tough, mummy2pickle...
And I hear ya!! You answered my post earlier so you know that I completely sympathise. It sounds like you're shattered. I have to say that although things are hard at the moment, my husband is generally pretty good with shouldering his fair share in terms of the kids & the house (although, let's face it, even when both partners work, as we do, it's never even!! We always end up doing more of the childcare & the domestic daily grind!) He doesn't do shifts but works long & often irregular hours.
Have you spoken to your husband? Does he know how tired you are? I found that I was not communicating as well lately, or if I was, it was in a negative/snappy way. Sometimes men are just a bit crap & don't understand how utterly tiring growing a human is!! Just spell it out to him. Say that you are finding it hard & you're a team & you need him...even if it's just that he takes your little one to the park for an hour or plays in another part of the house so you can have a long bath?
Hope things improve soon. I just can't wait for this pregnancy to be over & to not feel so sore & tired all the time!
You're not alone. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now