Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Emosh day and hubby doesn't understand

(2 Posts)
mummy2pickle Sun 16-Apr-17 15:51:38

Sorry I just need to vent. I am 29 weeks pregnant with my second child and have felt fine up until recently.
My dd is 3 and a handful never stops. I work 3 days a week and hubby works 7 days on the run then days off. He is a shift worker so makes things harder.
I suffer spd and have now got a aching lower back and tailbone. I am not sleeping as tossing and turning all night and as soon as hubby arrives home at silly o clock I'm woken again.
Everyday I am expected to get dd out so he can sleep in and relax before his next shift. I am exhausted and just want to cry. He sat and told me whilst I was out he's made himself cooked lunch and went for a leisurely drive!! When do I ever get to relax before work and time to myself. I am close to tears as he feels dd is my responsibility but physically hurting from running around so much after her.
I am the only one with a husband like this please and reassurance would be good

SuperSix77 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:27:07

That's tough, mummy2pickle...
And I hear ya!! You answered my post earlier so you know that I completely sympathise. It sounds like you're shattered. I have to say that although things are hard at the moment, my husband is generally pretty good with shouldering his fair share in terms of the kids & the house (although, let's face it, even when both partners work, as we do, it's never even!! We always end up doing more of the childcare & the domestic daily grind!) He doesn't do shifts but works long & often irregular hours.
Have you spoken to your husband? Does he know how tired you are? I found that I was not communicating as well lately, or if I was, it was in a negative/snappy way. Sometimes men are just a bit crap & don't understand how utterly tiring growing a human is!! Just spell it out to him. Say that you are finding it hard & you're a team & you need him...even if it's just that he takes your little one to the park for an hour or plays in another part of the house so you can have a long bath?
Hope things improve soon. I just can't wait for this pregnancy to be over & to not feel so sore & tired all the time!
You're not alone. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: