Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Severely itchy at 7 weeks pregnant?

(6 Posts)
Mamabearriri Sat 15-Apr-17 23:26:59

Hi mums. I guess I'll start with I'm exausted. I can't sleep because I'm so itchy. It started off with my scalp, so I thought nothing of it really, but then it went to my ankles, then my face, neck and chest. Now it's all over my body and nothing i do makes it go away. It doesn't seem serious enough to go to A&E and the doctors have been fully booked all week so i haven't had any relief. I've tried cool baths, unperfumed moisturiser, calamine lotion. Nothing relieves the itch. I'm so tired, and uncomfortable. Any idea what could be causing this? And any tips for a bit of relief would be much appreciated

perhapstomorrow Sat 15-Apr-17 23:37:24

You need to get checked out. In all likelihood it will be harmless but there are conditions that affect your liver that can be ruled out with a blood test.

I had a terrible rash and itching and after numerous trips to hospital it was diagnosed as PEP. Polymorphic Eruptions of Pregnancy. I had quite a severe case and was covered from my neck to feet. It felt awful but I was given some creams that eased the itching.

turdpants Sat 15-Apr-17 23:45:25

Yeah get checked out for the liver thing, I was given antihistamines which solved it for me as my blood test was OK. I feel your pain if it gets too much to take ring 111 for an our of hours gp

haveacupoftea Sun 16-Apr-17 08:43:27

Did you ask the chemist for advice?

Twinnypops Sun 16-Apr-17 10:18:35

See your gp, and go to a drop in clinic if you can't get seen quick enough. This can be a sign of a liver problem, so it needs to be investigated.

Sunshinegirl82 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:10:25

I would call 111 and ask for advice. It's worth getting checked out as it can be a sign of more serious conditions. Do you have a rash? I developed PUPPS much later in the pregnancy which got much worse after the birth and it was rubbish. Try coating yourself in E45 cream it helped me a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now