Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks pregnant & bleeding

(21 Posts)
Leanne17 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:01:15

Hi all

Seems like I'm constantly posting on here at the minute!!

So I'm just over 7 weeks pregnant had a scan last Friday due to cysts on my ovaries saw baby and heartbeat.

Yesterday went to the toilet and had a heavy dark red stringy bleed, so went straight up to the hospital where I had a urine sample and blood tests done.

The doctor asked questions and felt belly and said she wasn't concerned as I'm not really having pain and because I had scan the previous week showing everything was fine.

We have a scan booked for Tuesday to check but she just dismissed the thought of miscarriage!! My head is all over the place as I've woken up today with no more bleeding so I feel like it's over and done with?!

I just do not know what to think sad

rainbowgirl2016 Sat 15-Apr-17 18:08:05

Hi. I'd see how you go but if any more bleeding then get checked again. Some bleeding is fine but if it is really heavy then please don't wait for your scan. X

Leanne17 Sun 16-Apr-17 13:08:48

It's really strange still no bleeding and still feeling very sicky etc!!
Had slight cramps but nothing major x

Liska Sun 16-Apr-17 13:19:48

Bleeding at 6 or 7 weeks is quite common, apparently. I bled at 6 weeks with both my pregnancies - unfortunately I did lose one but it was much later and unrelated. The other is currently 10 years old and eating jelly beans in the other room. It's normal to worry, but trust your MW.

CherriesInTheSnow Sun 16-Apr-17 15:43:13

I had no bleeding in my first pregnancy but am 10 weeks with number 2 - had one incident of fairly heavy blood followed by 2 and a half weeks of bloody spotting, even some tiny clots - everything is fine smile

I too was a bit miffed that no one (GP, sonographer, urgent care) seemed that concerned about the bleeding - so maybe it really is more common that most think.

If you have seen a heartbeat and are having no painful cramping then it should all be fine. Breakthrough bleeding is common and apparently implantation can go on for weeks! Good luck flowers

ceara Sun 16-Apr-17 15:53:28

So sorry you are going through this. I had bleeding and spotting from 6.5 weeks through first trimester and into the second. In my case it was a subchorionic haematoma and all turned out fine with the baby, who is now 3. SCH affects around 1 in 100 pregnancies I think, so is quite a common cause of first trimester bleeding which doesn't necessarily mean MC. Stay Dr Google and try to distract yourself as best you can to keep sane until your scan on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 16-Apr-17 15:57:59

I've had bleeding at that stage in both successful pregnancies (and not the one that miscarried). No point in HCPs getting too worked up about it because there's nothing they can do.

Oly5 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:05:08

You'll
Just need to wait it out I'm afraid. Nothing else you can do. The one and only time I've had bleeding in pregnancy it was a mc (8 weeks) but I've had friends who've bled on and off and gone on to deliver healthy babies

ceara Sun 16-Apr-17 16:06:20

*stay away from Dr Google

neighbourhoodwitch Sun 16-Apr-17 16:12:26

Hopefully just implantation bleeding. All the best for Tuesday x

Blossom789 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:15:19

I had bleeding like you describe throughout the first trimester and all was ok.. so worrying though at the time.

Leanne17 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:02:10

Thankyou guys!!

Just want answers so Tuesday can't come soon enough xx

Leanne17 Mon 17-Apr-17 05:54:55

So I bled again during the night not a lot woke up this morning and it's brown?!

Heads all over!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 17-Apr-17 06:11:18

Brown blood is usually considered to be old, so less of a concern. Just hang on in there.

Leanne17 Mon 17-Apr-17 09:19:52

Think it's just playing games on me!! X

Leanne17 Mon 17-Apr-17 09:20:01

It was red during night x

Kannet Tue 18-Apr-17 12:20:31

Hope it goes well for you today

Leanne17 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:07:50

Hi guys!

Had my scan and all is well!! I have cervical ectropion nothing harmful.

Baby is fine heartbeat good x

CherriesInTheSnow Tue 18-Apr-17 16:34:08

Excellent news Leanne congratulations on your little baby halo flowers

ceara Wed 19-Apr-17 22:28:26

That's lovely news :-)

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 20-Apr-17 07:46:52

Glad all went well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now