Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

False positive?

(7 Posts)
user1492168557 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:30:54

Hi, I have been trying for a baby for 3 years with no luck.

Today I am 9dpo, had regular sex
during ovulation. I normally have sore boobs about a week before AD but this week my boobs feel fine with my period due next Thursday. I'm Tuesday this week I developed thrush, I've never had this in my life. After googling I decided to do a HPT I bought lloyds own brand early pregnancy test. It is sensitive with a reading of 10mil/l . The test came back postitive with FMU. The line was faintish but 100% there. I read reviews and seen that they regularly give false postives. I'm so scared to do another because it's all I've ever wanted and I just have a feeling any other rest will be negative. Had anyone ever had a false bfp with Lloyds?

Talcott2007 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:33:51

Im not an expert at all but I have seen a few threads like this before and I always thought the concensus was you can get false negatives but not false positives. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along soon. Fingers crossed for you xxx

leighdinglady Fri 14-Apr-17 13:08:14

Never heard of a false positive. the hormone is only produced if you're pregnant. Congratulations!!! Take another test tomorrow and it might be darker.

InThisTogether Fri 14-Apr-17 13:42:56

Hi OP looks good to me!
I am in the same boat (3.5years ttc with never a sniff of a BFP) and I got mine a few weeks ago and am still in shock.
I know it's not what you want to hear but you WILL need to do another test to convince yourself. I tried one well, 5, but who's counting clearblue digitals - the spelled out PREGNANT words helped me a lot. after years of stockpiling internet cheapies I'm still doing them most mornings - I've got about 50 of them.
Good luck lovely, it really can happen, I never thought it would but it can!

ToDuk Fri 14-Apr-17 13:45:13

Yes I'd heard you can't get false positives too. Really hope this is the case for you OP.

MrsCharlieD Fri 14-Apr-17 14:32:26

I have had a false positive on one of those exact tests but yours does seem quite strong. Can you get out and by a Frer or a superdrug early test? Fingers crossed for you this is it!

MrsCharlieD Fri 14-Apr-17 14:34:30

This was my false positive, it's much fainter than yours so I really think yours might be the real thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now