Talk

Advanced search

Freaking out

(6 Posts)
newmumtobe86 Fri 14-Apr-17 09:43:36

I'm due to get married in 18 months
Me and partner have taken the plunge to go back to my parents for 6 ish months to try and get a house deposit together so hopefully in our own home when we marry
Now I've just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant
What now? I'll still move to my moms as notice has been given on our rental property and I want a house even more now for our family
Bet the wedding will be 6 months after baby is born
I'll be on maternity leave
How are we going to afford everything?
Way too much going on at once

arbrighton Fri 14-Apr-17 10:27:34

Cut back on the wedding. Legal minimum is give notice and go to registry office- about £200 all in

Depends on if you want to be married or have a wedding/ party/ one day

Prioritise....

MrsH128 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:06:57

hi

similar situation to me we got engaged last year fell pregnant i'm now 27weeks and we also wanted to buy a house, we are in the process of buying the house as for us that was priority, we then decided that we just wanted to get married to each other that's all that matters we planned it in 6weeks had both our parents there and got married two weeks ago it was perfect smile cost less that £1400 with a meal photographer flowers and rings etc

so we are now moving into our new home, married and waiting for our first baby

Oysterbabe Fri 14-Apr-17 12:12:08

How booked is your wedding? Agree a simple affair in a couple of months would be a good plan then use the saved money on the house.

Polly99 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:19:29

I guess it depends on your priorities.
I'd prioritise the house. I'd still get married, probably sooner rather than later since you are going to do it anyway, but I would do it on the cheap (pretty dress, registry office, immediate family only and then to the pub afterwards). It will still be special - some of my friends did this because their big (already booked) wedding was a year away, both their grandmothers were ill and they wanted them to be there when they got married and I think that the low key wedding meant at least as much to them as the main one.
You can always have a big party/ blessing / welcome the baby knees up in a year or two when you know where you are.

Polly99 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:20:37

And don't freak out - all of these things are lovely. Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now