Talk

Advanced search

Due date today and no signs of baby :( tips please?

(15 Posts)
Jellybellymoo Thu 13-Apr-17 17:04:45

Anyone have any successful ways of inducing labour? I'm due today and not even a twinge! I really don't want to be induced and would obviously prefer things to happen naturally!

I've tried sex, hot currys, walking (not too far as my feet ache sad ), raspberry leaf tea. I'm so uncomfortable and really want baby out! I'm fed up of people saying 'it will come when it's ready'! I know that I just want to give a gentle push .. I was induced with my first as waters broke and labour stopped I really don't want to go through that again!

Any successful tips will be hugely appreciated smile

MacNcheese87 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:13:29

Bounce up and down on a birth ball.

Unfortunately baby will only come when they're ready, but you don't have to agree to an induction if you don't want to either. (I'm pregnant and already plan on moaning I'm overdue but refusing induction unless medically necessary)

I think the majority of things suggested to bring on labour aren't really effective but walking, bouncing, keeping active will help baby engage and hopefully put pressure on your cervix. Worth a try! Good luck!

mycatloveslego Thu 13-Apr-17 17:34:54

I'm in the same position- due yesterday and nothing happening at all!
Tried mainly same things as you, but also eating pineapple as it's got bromelin in it which is supposed to bring on labour (although you'd have to eat about 7 pineapples to get enough!) and clary sage in the bath in the form of the Lush sex bomb bath bomb!
Good luck, hope it happens for you soon.

LokisSister Thu 13-Apr-17 17:35:07

Try nipple stimulation! Worked for lots of people I know.

mycatloveslego Thu 13-Apr-17 17:37:58

I was reading about nipple stimulation and apparently you should do it for an hour 3 times a day, switching breasts every 15 minutes. Definitely haven't got that much time on my hands! 😆

Eeeeek2 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:43:22

Sex

LonelyOversharer Thu 13-Apr-17 17:45:38

Super unhelpful, but unless your midwife is worried, you have to wait. I know it's crappy.

I reasoned it to myself thus: due date is based on the first day of your last period. Not when you ovulated, not when you conceived, and for everyone it's different. For me it put me 12 days over my due date. My babies (4) just weren't ready before then.

My only exception was dd3, who came 40+3, so I can recommend dismantling a greenhouse if that helps!

TheLegendOfBeans Thu 13-Apr-17 17:46:12

If you end up with a sweep ask them if they've actually done it!

I know it sounds nuts but I was sweeped at 41w and after I remember saying "is that it? I'm done?" and the midwife was all like "yeah".

Looked in my notes 24h later and it said "no sweep, bishops score zero".

confused

D'ya know what? If I had my time again I'd just go for acupuncture. It seems to do it for everyone else on here grin

stops projecting all over your thread

babynelly2010 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:46:53

40+5 today, had scheduled sweep today, mw was no show, sick.
They send me to hospital later today but we called to schedule that visit on saturday when I am truly 41 weeks.
Nothing worked for me so far, even had reflexology. My first was a week late and second on due day.

Jellybellymoo Thu 13-Apr-17 17:56:11

I have tried pineapple also but definitely couldn't manage 7! Haha I have midwife coming out Saturday when I will be 3 days overdue to do a sweep so hoping that may work if nothing has happened by then! I've never had a sweep before so not really sure what to expect .. that's naughty they lied to you legend I'm surprised they did that! I don't have a birthing ball but may try going for a walk with the dog later, feeling desperate! I never imagined I'd go over due, now it just feels there's no end to it! I definitely don't have time to do nipple stimulation for an hour 3 times a day lol with an active 2 year old! Someone suggested pumping to me but I was a bit worried about trying that? Has anyone done it before?

Thanks for your responses xx

ShowOfHands Thu 13-Apr-17 18:00:35

Nothing works. Seriously. It's all bollocks!

A normal pregnancy lasts up to 42 weeks. You are doing just as you should. Try to find something you enjoy in each day knowing that it won't be long.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 13-Apr-17 18:38:05

Hoovering the whole house worked for me more than once!!

BoysRule Thu 13-Apr-17 18:52:37

Jump on a trampoline. Worked for me and a friend. Although probably not recommended by the medical profession.

Coloured Thu 13-Apr-17 18:53:47

I'm also due today so I know how frustrated you feel! I went for a sweep but she couldn't do it because the baby has disengaged itself sad I don't have any tips other than staying active!! I know it's hard, all I feel like doing today is sleepingsad good luck!

Jellybellymoo Thu 13-Apr-17 20:32:58

I spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning/hoovering hoping that may start something and didn't work, I haven't tried a trampoline though haha may need to get one! I know it's so frustrating especially when you hit the 40 week mark and you presume it will all be over by now! Good luck to you too coloured, hopefully won't be long (fingers crossed) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now