Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's wrong with me!

(11 Posts)
Bethany0903 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:47:32

I'm 34 weeks and 3 days pregnant I've had quite a bad pregnancy always in hospital, today I've just woke up and just broke down, I feel like I can't speak to anyone I'm in constant pain and feel so lonely! I just don't know how I'm going to go another 5 and a half week feeling like this. Not quite sure what I want from this maybe a bit of support or someone who feels the same ?

emily127 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:37:22

@Bethany0903 not in the same situation as you but didn't want to read and run! I guess the only thing I can advise is to focus on the end, and realise how worth it it will all be! I'm 20+5 weeks and I've felt so lonely at times - even though I'm always around people. Hope you're not in too much pain or if you are hope someone can help you with this! How you're feeling is completely normal though, I'm always feeling fed up x

user1488788454 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:40:43

Again, didn't want to read and run! I truly sympathise for people who have tough pregnancies, I'm 31+4 and have had probably the easiest of pregnancies yet I've still complained! There's light at the end of the tunnel sweetheart, once you've got that bundle of joy in your arms I promise it'll all be worth it ❤

JonSnowsWhore Thu 13-Apr-17 10:45:22

This was me yesterday OP, totally sympathise. My spd was awful yesterday, couldn't even lift my leg up to get into my car. Was sitting still & just felt like I was constantly being stabbed between my legs. Ended up sobbing all evening because I was sick of being in pain, sick of my flat being an absolute state & not being able to move to do anything about it. Was a right cow to my partner even though he's never anything but lovely to me.

Exactly like you I just kept wailing that I couldn't do this for the next 8 weeks. If it carries on like this how am I going to get my kids to school & get everything ready for the baby sad

I've woken up today with my spd feeling slightly better as I rested for most of yesterday, so all I can say is try & take it day by day & hope that you'll have good days in between the bad. If you really can't go on you can ask a consultant about being induced a week or so early, will give you something to count down to. Because of a few problems I'm going to be induced at 39 weeks now, at least with that I can see an end, even if it is 8 bloody weeks away

Frazzle76 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:49:02

Hang in there. Not everyone finds pregnancy 'wonderful' and 'amazing'. Most women I know got fed up. I'm waiting for baby to make an appearance and after hyperemesis and spd I've realised it's ok not to like being pregnant but it will end and you will feel different when babies here. Just moan and whinge to the rest of us. It'll make you feel better xxx

Bethany0903 Thu 13-Apr-17 11:11:05

It's so nice to see how supportive and kind people can be on here, I suffer from spd myself I feel absolutely awful on my partner and little girl I'm just so snappy, and upsets me I can't just take my little girl to the park I feel like the worst mother in the world! I totally agree pregnancy is portrayed to be the most wonderful thing in the world but it is so hard especially the last few weeks! I mean me and my partner tried so hard for our second after a couple of miscarriages and my first pregnancy was amazing but this time I've been in constant pain and now been checked for pre eclampsia was at the hospital all day waiting for my tests to come back to find out they lost them and had to do more currently waiting on the results, my partner is so supportive and kind but I just keep pushing him away and taking it out on him so much so he has chose to go out with work friends tonight rather than be with me because I'm too much! Just feel like I'm going to end up totally alone! I do see consultants as I had an emergency c section with my first o see her for the last time next Friday I will write down how I'm feeling and some questions and see what she says hopefully I could be induced a bit earlier xxx

GastonsWife Thu 13-Apr-17 11:18:19

Oh OP I feel the same. I was hysterical at the midwives on Tuesday because she said it was likely I would go over. I honestly don't know why they bother with a due date. I was counting down to mine and now I feel like my "sentence" has been extended for two weeks. It truly seems never ending 😿 I just want baby here now.

JonSnowsWhore Thu 13-Apr-17 11:20:31

It's not a solution as you'll still have a few weeks to wait but I was induced last time due to spd aswell & it does help, having something to count down to.

Just try & speak to your partner, if you get times when you feel a it better or a bit emotional & not just angry, use those times to tell him that you're sorry you're like this at the moment & you do still love him & it won't last forever, That's what I've had to do, just let him know that yes I'm a cow most of the time but it's just because I'm hurting so much etc.

Being in hospitals all the time is so crap, hopefully I'm down to every 4 weeks now but a few weeks ago I was never out of bloody hospital with lumbar punctures, consultants, neurologists, being sent home & asked to come back the next day as they'd run out of time to deal with me. Then on top of that my 3 year old was in a&e for dehydration, then recently he bashed his face on a metal pole so had a few appointments for that. If I never see another hospital again it'll be too soon haha!

Badgerbird Thu 13-Apr-17 15:00:28

Hey op I didn't want to read and run. Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. You are def not alone!! Come over to our May Birth Club/Group. Everyone's so lovely and we really support eachother flowers

JonSnowsWhore Thu 13-Apr-17 18:29:46

So much for feeling a bit better, I'm back to having a sobbing breakdown now as well, so we can both be miserable together OP

Bethany0903 Thu 13-Apr-17 18:54:47

Oh I'm the exact same tonight too, just keep crying all the time, it's rubbish when you feel so down isn't it 😞 I'm just wishing the days away now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now