Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you go abroad?

(11 Posts)
dede124 Thu 13-Apr-17 07:55:52

Hi
We have booked a holiday for mid May to fuerteventura. The flight is around 4 1/2 hours and I will be about 18 wks. Is it considered safe to fly and be abroad?? I have been looking online but I can't seem to get an answer and I'm abit worried now.

Thanks smile

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Thu 13-Apr-17 07:57:59

Of course! You're not on house arrest. Why wouldn't it be safe? Women have babies in Fuerteventura too.

If you want to fly after 28 weeks, you need a doctors note because airlines don't like delivering babies on planes. Otherwise, crack on.

Wait4nothing Thu 13-Apr-17 08:01:43

Yeah - I went around 22 weeks to New York - no issues with pregnancy (apart from my morning sickness wasn't over)
Enjoy!

ChangingStates Thu 13-Apr-17 08:13:58

Yes, flying is not harmful to the baby. For personal reassurance make sure you get travel insurance in case you want/need anything while you're away.
Enjoy!

arbrighton Thu 13-Apr-17 08:23:48

(and declare that you are pregnant to the travel insurance)

dede124 Thu 13-Apr-17 08:51:42

Thanks!

kizzle Thu 13-Apr-17 09:37:35

Hi. I'm also going to Fuerteventura mid may. I'll be 29 weeks though. I already have pregnancy travel insurance, the hotel are aware I'm pregnant & I just need to get my fit to fly letter signed by the midwife the week before.
You'll be absolutely fine. Be sure to get proper travel insurance, drink plenty on the plane, choose an aisle seat if possible as you'll be peeing a lot. Also exercise your legs regularly.

chelle85 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:43:13

I'm booked to go to Sorrento in May and will be 25 weeks. Airlines only require doctors not after 28 weeks so you will be fine.

I got travel insurance with Insure and Go because they specifically state in the policy documents what is and isn't covered in relation to pregnancy complications

sherbertlemon17 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:52:32

2nd Insure and go for travel insurance when pregnant. We used them last time when we visited Dubai when I was 20 weeks. We're also off on holiday at the end of May at 23 weeks this time and will be using them again.

Have a lovely time smile

dede124 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:16:25

Thank you. Going to go with insure and go!

MissMooMoo Wed 19-Apr-17 20:18:26

I went to Malta at 32 weeks,absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now