Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't sleep everything aches

(12 Posts)
Teabagtits Thu 13-Apr-17 00:31:02

Sorry this is a whiney post.

I'm only 29weeks but everything is so uncomfortable. It wasn't like this with my first. I haven't put on lots of weight (6lb) and am not huge so I feel like I shouldn't be aching all the bloody time. Tonight it's my bump that I can't get comfortable but my hips will hurt like hell as soon as I try to sleep meaning waking to turn every 20minutes and that requires a bloody hoist because of where the baby is lying

I can't believe I still have ten weeks to go sad

Who else is uncomfortable and what do you do to help ease the pain?

BobbleHat42 Thu 13-Apr-17 04:34:23

Me too. I'm 27 weeks with twins and already feel so uncomfortable. My bump seems to be massive already and growing so quickly - every time I turn in the night I wake up due to the effort of moving the bump. There are also areas of my bump that are really tender to the touch which is freaking me out, I'm being kicked in the ribs on one side too which is getting so painful and the skin is so so sensitive sad I've been told I'll be induced at 37 weeks because it's twins - 10 weeks seems so far away!

No advice sorry, just wanted to join in the moan and let you know you're not alone x

Teabagtits Thu 13-Apr-17 04:55:42

Moan away! Twins must be even more uncomfortable so you have my sympathies- I have no excuse only one average sized baby in there.

As you can see I'm still awake in the full throws of indigestion. wondering how strict the Rennies 24hour quota is.

CaptainWarbeck Thu 13-Apr-17 06:04:57

I'm 29 weeks too and just as grumpy and uncomfortable. It's not just you!

I sleep with a cushion between my knees to make my hips comfier but it's a right pain to turn over at night - shift bump - shift cushion-knees - heave myself over.

2bluestars Thu 13-Apr-17 06:38:12

Last two pregnancies i put two duvets between me and the mattress in bed. Really helped feel more comfortable. They were folded so in fact four layers!

SummerHouse Thu 13-Apr-17 06:41:58

I slept on the sofa. The back gave support.

rhodes2015 Thu 13-Apr-17 07:02:22

No advice just sympathy! I'm 28 weeks with my first and can't believe how uncomfortable I feel now and how long there is left. I've put on a stone and a half and feel so heavy! I'm doing what captain does with the pillows but such a pain to change position and move all the pillows!

Italwaysworksitselfout Thu 13-Apr-17 10:57:32

Aww totally feeling your pain. I'm 33 weeks and haven't slept right for ages. I've got the itch (only at night), heartburn, need to pee 10 times a night, hot flushes and to top it all, a racing heart due to steroid injections. No sleep whatsoever last night. It's really getting me down
flowers for you

Lunalovepud Thu 13-Apr-17 11:00:00

Have you tried a pregnancy pillow? I have one like a big sausage and I put it under my bump and then between my knees and ankles and feet, or just sling a leg over it. It's fab.

Teabagtits Thu 13-Apr-17 17:18:10

It's somewhat reassuring knowing I'm not the only one but flowerscake to everyone in the same boat.

I overheat really badly at night and find having a pillow or cushion between my legs makes things worse -I also have RLS (even when not pregnant) so it seems to trigger attacks of restless legs having something between my legs /fnar/

I do try to use the cool side of the quilt between my legs and use dermacool for the itching (seriously worth getting). I use a pillow to wedge my bump tho.

Lunalovepud Thu 13-Apr-17 17:35:28

Not sure if this will help you but you get pillows stuffed with different stuff... Mine is stuffed with beanbag beans rather than fluff so it's not as hot... I was using it all summer in my first pregnancy... Unfortunately I got it in the nct shop which has now shut but might be worth checking out? Good luck!

Teabagtits Thu 13-Apr-17 17:44:57

luna I shall look into that to see if it helps. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now