Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone reacted to the pill but found pregnancy sickness ok?

(5 Posts)
satsoooma Wed 12-Apr-17 19:59:08

Please, please positive stories only. I am just looking for hope, false or otherwise, that this sickness might stop.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have been feeling nauseous (but no vomiting) 24/7 for a week. I can't eat any real food and have to choke down crackers and plain pitta bread all day to keep sickness under control. It sucks, but others have it worse, and I think I can hack it until the second trimester.

In the back of my mind I just know I am going to be one of the unlucky ones who is sick for 9 months. I am worried because I have reacted horrendously to birth control pills containing oestrogen in the past. I could not even keep down water. I know oestrogen starts to peak in the second trimester and am terrified I will be sick forever.

Does anyone have an encouraging story to share?

ImSoUnoriginal Wed 12-Apr-17 20:46:52

Never been on the pill so can't compare but I felt exactly the same (and ate similarly too) to you, up until 12/13 weeks and then I was ok. I did have awful indigestion after that but at least I wasn't always nauseous. Good luck. Think positive. Sure you will be fine. smile

hopsalong Wed 12-Apr-17 21:14:26

I also react badly to birth control pills (and had terrible nausea / vomiting after the old-fashioned morning after pill with estrogen). Not exactly what you want to hear because I did have nausea and some vomiting with DC1, and nausea and a lot of vomiting with DC2, BUT I am not sure it's the estrogen that causes it, and I definitely felt better in the second trimester than the first (OK, tbh I felt like crap in this pregnancy until about 19/20 weeks, but with first was much better from 11). In the third trimester estrogen is higher again and I feel incomparably better than at 8-10 weeks!

IHeartKingThistle Wed 12-Apr-17 21:17:43

Most contraceptive pills make me really sick. I had nausea with both pregnancies until 13/14 weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

satsoooma Thu 13-Apr-17 10:42:01

It is so great to hear that you guys felt better later in your pregnancies. I am going to hang onto that thought next time my head is down the loo (just made the transition to actual throwing up this morning).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now