Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks pregnant and insatiably thirsty...

(12 Posts)
FeedMyFaceWithBattenberg Wed 12-Apr-17 19:09:42

I found out on Monday that I'm five weeks pregnant.
Besides nausea each morning, sore boobies and a headache the only other symptoms have is insatiable thirst... is this normal?
What can I do about it?
Thank you in advance!

Emeraude Wed 12-Apr-17 20:19:24

Normal. Drink water.

FeedMyFaceWithBattenberg Wed 12-Apr-17 20:22:35

🙄

I am drinking plenty thanks @Emeraude

MrsY87 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:01:39

I have this when I'm pregnant, you just have to drink plenty although I do find some drinks more thirst quenching than others for example v ice old sparkling water with some lemon slices in or weak squash rather than just plain water. I'm 18 weeks and easily drinking over 3 litres a day which makes for a lot of bathroom trips but you just get used to it!

helensburgh Wed 12-Apr-17 21:03:19

It's on of those symptoms never mentioned in rge books!

ktkaye Wed 12-Apr-17 21:07:20

Normal! For me it eased up in the second trimester. Be prepared for it to return three fold if you go on to breast feed! I drank litres every day.

haveacupoftea Wed 12-Apr-17 23:45:59

Yeah its the body forcing you to take on fluid for the extra blood stores I think.

AlfaMummy Wed 12-Apr-17 23:56:11

Normal, and as pp said, it increases again when breastfeeding. My DH now brings up 2 pints (of water!) for the night shift.

MabelTheCow Thu 13-Apr-17 08:21:08

Completely normal. Someone said to me it was to do with your body trying to dilute the hormones a bit too. I found that if I didn't drink enough, I would feel like utter crap and sometimes I'd start feeling unwell but a large glass of water or squash would make me feel better. Good luck

Phoebesmam2013 Thu 13-Apr-17 08:56:44

I had this at the beginning and found the colder the better so turned to ice lollies and they worked great!

Jem2013scout Thu 13-Apr-17 14:58:48

I'm 8+1 and exactly the same - just can't get enough water at the minute! Like @haveacupoftea said, I've read it's your bodies way of getting extra fluids to make the extra blood we both need! smile Congrats!

Jessiecat27 Thu 13-Apr-17 18:04:22

Nearly ten weeks and I agree with the ice lollies! Or iced water/juice whatever you can stand! I'm constantly drinking water!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now