Talk

Advanced search

Measuring behind at 7 weeks

(5 Posts)
harrietm87 Wed 12-Apr-17 18:12:34

I know this could go either way but interested to hear other people's experiences. Can't stop thinking and worrying.

I conceived straight after a miscarriage (natural at 5 weeks, bleeding started 13 Feb) without a period in between. I'm fairly sure of when I ovulated and based on that I'm around 7 weeks. I got my bfp on 17 March (4 weeks ago on Friday).

I had an early scan today and there was a gestational sac and yolk but no fetal pole. The sonographer said it looked perfect for a 5-6 week pregnancy. Because of my dates though she said it's of unknown viability and I have to have another scan in 10 days.

Has this happened to anyone? Could my dates just be wrong? Could the baby have a growth spurt? Or am I headed for my third miscarriage in a row?

harrietm87 Thu 13-Apr-17 08:29:50

Anyone?

confusedat23 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:40:04

Sorry OP didn't want to read and run... are you sure you couldn't have ovulated a bit later? Then if you ovulated late and implanted late there is a possibility the dates might be correct

JCleRoux Thu 13-Apr-17 09:43:39

Hi OP. No experience but I didnt want to read and run. As you didn't have a period is it possible that your timing of conception is a little off? I know it's difficult not to worry but it probably is better to wait a little while to know for sure. That the 5-6 week scan looked good should be a little reassuring. Sorry I can't be of much help.

I am sorry for your mc too flowers

harrietm87 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:48:24

Thanks for the reply. I guess I could have ovulated later. I had a positive opk on a Sunday (and had sex that day) and then had really weird ovulation-type pains for the whole week after that. I can't remember whether/when I had sex after that though (stopped tracking as thought I was outside fertile window).

I got a positive pregnancy test 3.5 weeks ago though, so don't see how that could be possible if I'm only 5.5-6 weeks now?

I know I just have to wait, but it's just killing me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now