Talk

Advanced search

Confused and need reasurrence

(9 Posts)
Italwaysworksitselfout Wed 12-Apr-17 18:00:40

I'm 33+ weeks pregnant and baby is small (I don't grow them big). The pregnancy is consultant led due to age, previous problems. They are going to deliver at 36 weeks (cs) and today I got my first of 2 steroid injections. The consultant has now said he wants to do my scan next week.
I know I'm over thinking things but is there a chance they may have found something and he wants to have a more detailed look or would they have to tell me?
My Braxton hicks have been coming really frequently and more painful and I'm thinking maybe they think I could go sooner.

mammytoonebabyboy Wed 12-Apr-17 18:09:42

Why would they have found something?? Did they do a scan or anything today? If there was anything serious you have had a scan today. I'm pretty sure with small babies they do growth scans anyway, they do the same with me and I'm 37 weeks with a big baby. Everything is probably fine

Italwaysworksitselfout Wed 12-Apr-17 18:39:23

Yeah I've been having scans every 2 weeks. I got a scan today but the consultant has decided that he wants to do it himself next week. I'm being totally over dramatic and starting to freak out a bit....thanx for replying

mammytoonebabyboy Wed 12-Apr-17 18:49:44

I'm pretty sure it's normal for consultants to want to do the scans themselves, my consultant has ordered more scans because she wants to do it herself rather than take it from someone else. Don't worry, they'd have said something if there was anything to worry about x

BertrandRussell Wed 12-Apr-17 18:52:08

If you don't grow big babies why do they want to deliver early?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Wed 12-Apr-17 18:52:43

That's the point of having a consultant. . They oversee and double check!!
They give you the best care!!
I had ds at 35 weeks by emcs. .
It went fine. And he was fine. .
You will be fine too. flowers

Italwaysworksitselfout Wed 12-Apr-17 19:47:32

Bert I'm an older mum and with all 3 previous have gone into Labour at 36/37 weeks requiring ecs. I thought it was only my middle who had been low birth weight at 5lbs but apparently not. Ds1 and dd were low at 6lb. My dd was born 15 years ago so a lot has changed in antenatal care since then

BertrandRussell Wed 12-Apr-17 19:52:02

Dp had a business meeting with someone who turned out to be our dd's flatmate's uncle.......

BertrandRussell Wed 12-Apr-17 19:54:36

Sooo sorry, wrong thread!

blush

And sorry, OP I just wondered whether you were being steamrollered into early delivery- it happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now