Talk

Advanced search

Dry Flaky Scalp - 18 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
laurenann23 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:57:57

Since becoming pregnant over the last 2 months my scalp has become so dry and flaky!! Does anyone know the reason for this? And also any remedies to get rid of it? I'm hating it sad

Topsyloulou Wed 12-Apr-17 20:37:47

I had this from about 20 weeks. Dry, flaky & incredibly itchy. I tried head & shoulders etc. The best thing I found was the neutrogena t gel shampoo with tar. It doesn't smell great but was the best thing for the itching. As soon as DS was born it stopped & I had a couple of weeks of greasy scalp no matter how many times I washed it.

sherbertlemon17 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:10:58

Currently 16 weeks and have had this since BFP. I've just swapped my normal shampoo for head and shoulders and it seems to at least be keeping it at bay. Not completely sorted, but a million times better than what it was.

mammytoonebabyboy Wed 12-Apr-17 22:24:25

I think the reason is just pregnancy haha, I'm 37 weeks and have gone through dry, oily, greasy, flaky, straight, curly..the lot. I'd say to get an oil hair treatment, that's what helped me when I was having bone dry hair at 20 off weeks, and try head and shoulders to get rid of the flakiness x

dustpan Sat 15-Apr-17 20:42:28

Me too - neutrogena t gel or any shampoo without saudium laurel sulphate - look in holland and Barrett.

For really dry times, rub olive oil into your scalp at night then wash in morning

Katurah Sat 15-Apr-17 21:36:39

Body shop ginger shampoo sorted mine out. Smells great too!

Lucinda15 Sun 16-Apr-17 08:11:32

Another vote for body shop ginger shampoo! I've tried loads of shampoos and have found the body shop ginger is great! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now