Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sea bands for nausea

(18 Posts)
pa55methecake Wed 12-Apr-17 17:49:18

Anyone had any luck with sea bands?

Thank god for Amazon prime, ordered them last night and was so relived to see them when I got home from work. Keeping everything crossed that they work and that cooler weather means I can continue wearing long cardigans for next 4/5 weeks to hide them under!!

Coloured Wed 12-Apr-17 18:01:03

They worked for me! grin although I kept them on allllll the time and they do begin to make your wrists ache after a while (still better than ms though)

pa55methecake Wed 12-Apr-17 21:25:22

That's good, I'm toying with that idea if it works. Did they work straight away for you? I'm not sure if I've got them positioned correctly just yet confused

GastonsWife Wed 12-Apr-17 21:26:51

They worked for me once I figured out the positioning. Was the only thing that kept me sane confused

Ookmybanana Wed 12-Apr-17 21:33:35

Worked for me too, especially on my hour long morning train commute.

sophr2017 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:47:30

They are amazing! Takes the edge off and meant I could actually go out and start functioning again!

LittleCandle Wed 12-Apr-17 21:53:02

Yeah, worked for me, too.

Sparklyuggs Wed 12-Apr-17 22:05:29

They definitely took the edge off for me. Even if it was psychological, there's no harm done by wearing them smile

Spam88 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:07:19

I didn't get morning sickness, but I used to use them for nausea associated with migraines and found them really good smile

mycatloveslego Wed 12-Apr-17 22:12:09

They did work for me, so much so that I had to keep taking them off because I was worried my symptoms had disappeared!

DramaAlpaca Wed 12-Apr-17 22:13:06

They took the edge off for me.

pa55methecake Thu 13-Apr-17 09:13:46

Ooh thank you, this sounds promising. I'm still feeling a little nauseous but it doesn't seem as bad. I slept with them on last night and definitely felt a difference first thing this morning.

mycatloveslego that was my exact thought this morning. I had a MMC at the beginning of last year and the first sign was that my symptoms had gone, though I did at realise until later, at that point I was just relieved that my nausea was getting better!

Bethan2 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:36:21

Sorry didn't work for me 😔. Had awful nausea and had to go on medication and go part-time at work until I went on maternity leave 😮.

They do work for lots of people though.

Good luck!

sunbird17 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:05:58

Worked well for me at the beginning. Now I wear them 24 hours a day. Not sure how much they are doing now though - 13 weeks and still being really sick.

Jessiecat27 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:31:21

I have mine on constantly and I think they help most of the time but not all of the time!

Error404usernamenotfound Thu 13-Apr-17 12:33:40

I relied on these as a very motion-sickness prone child, they were amazing!

Might need to get some for DD actually, as I think she's inherited the carsick gene sad

womaninatightspot Thu 13-Apr-17 12:35:06

Didn't work for me I had twins and horrid sickness though.

momofhadi Thu 13-Apr-17 23:12:22

I always found No to morning sickness tea to be the most helpful thing to settle my stomach. It is made specifically for pregnant women. It contains no preservatives (unlike most brands)."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now