Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stupid question alert! What is your tummy "popping" like?

(5 Posts)
mummabubs Wed 12-Apr-17 16:11:31

Sorry, first time mum-to-be here!

I'm nearly 15 weeks and I have a definite bump, but it's still a bit squishy (ish!) A few of my friends said around weeks 16-18 their bumps "popped" overnight- which gives me the image of a popcorn kernel suddenly exploding! 😂 Whilst I doubt that's the reality I was wondering if people could explain to me what this mystical popping looks/feels like and when you experienced it? Thanks everyone! 😊

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:24:00

Lol at the popcorn... I seemed to pop about two minutes after having sex with DH... Think its just that moment when you go from "well I can see it, but could just be food baby to others" to "wow that is a proper ball shaped bump! a stranger could defo tell I am pregnant now!"

donkey86 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:26:48

I'm 16 weeks and just this morning I noticed my bump is changing from just fat to looking more like a 'proper' bump. I think it might just be the dress I'm wearing, though! I look quite round in the dress but without clothes my bump is still just a B shape. I hope the middle bit pops out soon.

DinosaurFanGirl Wed 12-Apr-17 17:12:20

From about 17wks if I wore tight clothing I had an obvious bump but it was at 23wks that this "popping" occurred. I noticed it myself as suddenly I found myself struggling to do things like tie a shoe lace or get off the sofa and I even fell on my arse as I tried to get back up too quickly from bending down haha. Everyone at work was also like "wow you are pregnant for certain now" when I walked into the office on Monday morning.

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 12-Apr-17 17:17:59

It's the oddest thing.

So here's what happened to me.

Basically I went from my middle thickening (like I'd just been at the pies) and at 21w - overnight it just became a "bump".

Can't remember when I got my linea nights but it was earlier because I remember thinking it was "wobbly" and that when I got a bump that'd "push it straight".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now