Talk

Advanced search

Shaving?

(22 Posts)
SarahS2404 Wed 12-Apr-17 11:24:38

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently 24 weeks and struggling to shave down there while in the shower so looking at getting a lady shaver that I can use.

Does anyone have any recommendations as I have no idea where to start??

Thankyou smile

GastonsWife Wed 12-Apr-17 16:12:09

I wish I had kept it up! I'm at 38 weeks and it's got too wild! I'm sure if I had kept it up from the start then I wouldn't be in this situation blush

SarahS2404 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:42:56

I left it for a couple of weeks but got to the point where I can't stand it 😫

I'm sure if I had a bath rather than just a shower it wouldn't be too bad haha!

weeblueberry Wed 12-Apr-17 20:11:31

Could your partner maybe help?

FeedMyFaceWithBattenberg Wed 12-Apr-17 20:27:23

I really recommend Phillips one blade.
It's for men's faces really but is really really very good. It doesn't pull or anything and you can choose the length you like. X

SarahS2404 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:05:26

weeblueberry I was just thinking of a way to do it without mithering & incase he's out one night when I feel like pampering myself and doing it all.

feedmyfacewithbattenburg Really? I've seen them but didn't think I'd be able to use it on my "downstairs area" smile

Spam88 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:08:10

I have one but I still can't really shave because I can't see past the bump...

laurenann23 Wed 12-Apr-17 23:02:19

Get a wax!

FeedMyFaceWithBattenberg Thu 13-Apr-17 23:26:06

@SarahS2404 I use it all over!
My skin is so sensitive so I can't clean shave, but it's perfect for a close enough shave no one notices!!

SarahS2404 Fri 14-Apr-17 08:31:59

@FeedMyFaceWithBattenberg perfect! I'll definitely look into one then. My skin can be very sensitive at times so it sound like a good buy smile Thankyou!!

chickenjalfrezi Fri 14-Apr-17 08:41:38

Got DP to assist with trimming (results weren't great hmm) and then just got a wax at 31 weeks. Hoping that will see me through and less for him to keep trimmed!

SarahS2404 Fri 14-Apr-17 09:19:55

I know I'm pregnant and people will see my bits when I'm giving birth but I'm not sure about going to get it waxed & don't know what to expect :/

laurenann23 Fri 14-Apr-17 10:56:24

I have mine waxed all the time! Honestly it's not as scary or as cringe as you'd think!! I just think these girls see down belows at least 4/5 times a day so mine will be nothing new to them grin it stays hair less for about 6 weeks, amazing!! I've already booked in mine for 2 weeks before my due date hehe x

laurenann23 Fri 14-Apr-17 10:57:04

And not knowing what to expect they cover you with a towel and only move small sections of the towel, you're never fully naked smile

SarahS2404 Fri 14-Apr-17 11:17:37

Hair less for 6 weeks sounds amazing haha!!
I don't know why I'm so worried when in a few months when I'm giving birth the whole world will have seen it (or atleast I imagine that's how it will feel)

chickenjalfrezi Fri 14-Apr-17 13:27:58

That's a bit close to your due date laurenann - baby could come anytime so could end up not getting done in time (crisis!) or baby arriving shortly afterwards and believe me you don't want to add potential soreness and irritation down there even if you're used to it. I'm going latest 36 weeks to be on safe side

Kennethwasmyfriend Fri 14-Apr-17 13:35:25

Honestly who cares. Your baby certainly won't.

laurenann23 Fri 14-Apr-17 15:03:00

Sounds like a good plan chicken I'll push it forward two weeks too 👍🏼

chickenjalfrezi Fri 14-Apr-17 18:19:33

Well obviously people do care Kenneth or they wouldn't ask the question - I can't see how anything that makes me (or anyone else) feel more clean and comfortable is for anyone else to care about or not!

SarahS2404 Sun 16-Apr-17 08:30:00

I'm not doing it for my baby or the nurses. I'm doing it for myself. I prefer to be hairless than hairy!

haveacupoftea Sun 16-Apr-17 08:54:16

Nick husbands beard trimmer.

As for keeping hair trim, I'm sure baby and midwives won't mind but I don't particularly want long hair getting matted with lochia confused

FanaticalFox Sun 16-Apr-17 11:09:01

I went for a brazilian at 38 weeks. Never usually get waxed but it was a great experience. The salon uses Lycon wax which is sensitive and as low pain as possible. But we've got to get used to pain down there so i didnt mind! It was a wild bush down there after leaving it so long and she made light work of it. Feels amazing and ready to share with the world during labour now!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now