Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Big mum bumps

(3 Posts)
Lemondrop09 Tue 11-Apr-17 10:18:30

I'm a chunk blush and currently just look my normal fat with some added bloating thrown in!

I'm wondering when I might start to show a baby bump through all this blubber? Seems a lot easier for slim mums to detect their bump.

I'm only 15 weeks and this is my first pregnancy, so not surprised I can't see anything yet, just wondering when I might and if I'll ever be able to tell it's actually a baby!!

Any larger mum's out there willing to share their bump progress?

NauseousNancy Tue 11-Apr-17 11:55:21

Hi smile

I'm around a size 18 (20 on a bad day!!) and depending on what I was wearing I started to really show to people who knew around 22/23 weeks. It started to be very obvious even to strangers that I am pregnant from around 26/27 weeks. I'm now 31 weeks and very obviously pregnant!

I always worried - and there was no need. Your bump will come!

FanaticalFox Tue 11-Apr-17 12:01:49

Yep same here - a chunk! But i have a good body hourglass shape so i showed well from about 20 weeks. By 30 weeks i was a house so no question! I also wear clingy maternity tops so its obvious to people haha and coz i like to see my bump! I'm now 40 weeks and literally a house!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: