Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks

(9 Posts)
Hayleyx Tue 11-Apr-17 09:16:19

Hello just wondering if anyone knows if your going to go into labour early or not??
I've started to feel sick and have braxton hicks also very bad pelvic/pubic pain as if I am engaged but not sure (midwife is on Thursday)
Has anyone got these symptoms?
Is there anything I can try to start labour off? Maybe swimming or something, thanks x

Sewingbeatshousework Tue 11-Apr-17 09:33:44

I'msorry I know it's not what you want to hear but I started off like that and DD was born 2 weeks later, pre-labour apparently. Both of mine were born the day after nipple
stimulation but that was 40+1 & 41+4 so could have been coincidence...

I think most people have tried the 'usual' methods to get started off but it really isn't a predictable thing unfortunately. I'd advise walking s much as you are able to, best of luck 😊

Hayleyx Tue 11-Apr-17 09:43:29

Ahh really! I see thankyou for you advice let's hope I don't go over due blush will try to walk and swim this week! x

Salmonpinkcords Tue 11-Apr-17 10:16:41

I also second walking

JonSnowsWhore Tue 11-Apr-17 10:56:20

Sorry to bring bad news but I've had pelvic pain & braxton hicks since 20 weeks sad & sickness all the bloody way through lol.

Hopefully it won't be long for you though, I'm losing the will to live at the thought of another 8-9 weeks not being able to walk

peanutbutter310 Tue 11-Apr-17 11:17:42

I've had this from 36 weeks, but baby is still holding firm in there now at 39+1.

Hayleyx Wed 12-Apr-17 12:45:35

Can braxton hicks be so bad you think your in labour?? Happened yesterday and I was so sure it was happening! But they stopped after about 45 mins confusedconfused and now nothing! x

JonSnowsWhore Wed 12-Apr-17 14:27:58

Going back a couple of years to my last pregnancy I think so. I remember being in bed timing what I was sure were proper contractions & getting quite excited & then it all just stopped sad pain in the bum all this waiting around isn't it

Hayleyx Wed 12-Apr-17 16:37:41

Ahh it really is! I need to just chill out and let baby come when she's ready but I'm feeling so rubbish now and can't do anything so have a lot of time on my hands to think about every little thing! envy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now