Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried skin is going to rip

(4 Posts)
ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Tue 11-Apr-17 06:42:16

Am 34 weeks with dc2 and my belly button has been popped out for a few weeks (didn't at all with dc1).

I used to have a belly button piercing which although I haven't worn for years, the hole hasn't healed. The skin is now so tight around my belly button that I'm worried the old piercing hole is about to rip - has anyone had this, or generally extremely tight skin on their stomach? The bit around my belly button is stretched so tight that it's actually lost feeling...

My last baby was a decent size (8,8) even though my bump was small, so I'm a bit worried about what this all means for this baby's weight.

annlee3817 Tue 11-Apr-17 11:21:12

I had a massive bump for my size and baby was 7lbs 10, my skin also went very tight and I had two piercings that had closed in previous years but opened up again once my belly button popped. It was sore, but I kep massaging oil into it and it seemed to help. Never split thankfully, and the holes closed up again around six months after birth.

Bear2014 Tue 11-Apr-17 11:46:31

I remember that feeling with my first, it feels like there isn't enough skin! My DD was 9lb 3 and my belly went relatively back to normal afterwards with no damage. Scar tissue is tougher than you think.

AudreyBradshaw Tue 11-Apr-17 12:26:23

Mine ripped, not a lot, just a bit in the corners. Was itchy and and bit uncomfortable for a few days but thats it. He was 8lb 15oz. I was a size 8/10 prior to pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now