Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks chicken pox

(12 Posts)
mammytoonebabyboy Mon 10-Apr-17 22:22:10

I'm fairly certain I have chicken pox & im stressing out. I had suspected chicken pox 2 years ago, was given medication just in case as I was covered in red spots but they didn't come to anything and it was probably down to a nut allergy as a few days later I was swollen all over and itching for weeks and that was the cause. I've been itching like mad for 2 days but was told it wasn't oc which was what I first thought. Now I've got red spots all on my legs, chest and upper back & some on my face but who knows if that's just pregnancy acne or not. They're still itchy but not as much and they're becoming dry.

I know I need to phone my midwife, but what happens if I have chicken pox? Is it dangerous to my baby?? How will they know if it's chicken pox or just another allergy, do they do bloods to check?

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 10-Apr-17 22:24:58

Are they blistered. Get checked out. Your pregnant. Go go go

123bananas Mon 10-Apr-17 22:31:23

You need to contact your GP or midwife.

Royal College of Obstetricians advice on Chickenpox in pregnancy.

mammytoonebabyboy Mon 10-Apr-17 22:34:13

I just phoned mau who said I would have to wait until dau is open tomorrow but I thought it could potentially be serious..my midwife and consultant won't answer their phone this late and we only have one mau around here so what do I do??

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 10-Apr-17 23:07:25

Try your midwife anyway. Or call the out of hours doc and see if you can get a home visit.

gemsparkle84 Mon 10-Apr-17 23:12:24

They can do a blood test to check for immunity- they should have done one at your 8 week check- they should be able to tell you results over the phone. If you're not immune because you never had it as a child or another reason they will need to know. Definitely follow it up. I'm sure baby will be fine 😊

ExplodedCloud Mon 10-Apr-17 23:13:31

111 tonight? They might be able to get things moving.

Astro55 Mon 10-Apr-17 23:13:59

Can you put up a picture

gemsparkle84 Mon 10-Apr-17 23:14:12

Oh yeh 111 good thinking

Buttercupsandaisies Mon 10-Apr-17 23:22:42

I've heard the last trimester is the safest time to get it. When I was exposed and itching during pregnancy the midwives didn't panic - certainly left it a few days for testing etc so I'd try not to worry

changingnameforthispost Mon 10-Apr-17 23:28:08

Try not to worry. I had chickenpox at 36 weeks and whilst I felt absolutely rotten and had spots where the sun don't shine, my baby was born at 41 weeks perfectly fit and well. She's now a year 2 teacher!
Call your midwife in the morning and try to get some rest.

mammytoonebabyboy Tue 11-Apr-17 21:19:42

Hi sorry, can anyone tell me what will happen if it is chicken pox? They wouldn't see me until today and am still waiting on results to see whether I'm immune or not but because I've never officially had it I probably won't be unless I'm really lucky haha. They think it is chicken pox because I have no like fever or sickness to go with a rash and the midwife said they look like chicken pox spots but she didn't go into what will happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now