Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shorter 2nd labour stories for those in the 38 hour club

(9 Posts)
Alexxx17 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:52:51

If I can do 24 hours this time I will be very happy. Please tell me your 2nd was shorter...

Slacktacular Mon 10-Apr-17 22:00:05

Not quite 38hrs but 33hrs DC1...6hrs DC2!! Second birth was utterly redemptive. I felt hugely more in control (just experience maybe?). First time round I was a shattered shell of myself after and was so anxious that I would have the same again. Second time I was one of those people who is high as a kite and strolls out hours afterwards to tell people in the street that everyone should try giving birth! Second time still hurt but shorter is so much more manageable. Good luck!!

MamaTT Mon 10-Apr-17 22:04:58

First labour was 36 hours. DD was back to back. Second labour was 40 minutes.
I wouldn't wish quick labour on anyone. It was scary and I didn't feel in control at all. I was in shock after baby was born and didn't want to hold him. It was horrendous. My first birth was long, and I was tired but I pretty much felt in control throughout.
I'm 26 weeks pregnant with DC3 and so worried I'll have another quick labour! 3/4 hours would be ideal.

Alexxx17 Mon 10-Apr-17 22:10:17

Thank you ladies! That's reassuring. And wow, Mama. I totally understand how it can be too quick, too. A friend of mine had her third in 30 mins and she said pretty much the same thing...

johendy Mon 10-Apr-17 22:13:54

My first was 45 hours (epidural), my second was 8 hours (epidural & ventouse) and my third was 5 hours (gas & air only) They got more straightforward each time, not easier as my DH tried to say!

Good luck!

Alexxx17 Mon 10-Apr-17 22:18:26

It's not just a myth then, thank you! (And yep, I fully know it could be unlucky again.) Blood hell Jo, 45 hours! Respect.

EmmalinaC Mon 10-Apr-17 22:22:22

34 hours with dd1 ('failed to progress' ended with emergency CS) so booked elective CS for dd2 but she wasn't hanging around for that - natural delivery in 90 minutes smile

Mombie2016 Mon 10-Apr-17 22:23:56

DC1 36 hours
DC2 6 hours (early induction)
DC3 2 hours
DC4 5 minutes blush

Imaystillbedrunk Tue 11-Apr-17 08:09:20

Oh this makes me feel better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now