Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Severe morning sickness

(5 Posts)
LMW86 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:21:34

Does anyone else suffer from this? I'm beginning to worry. I constantly have a niggling headache, sometimes worse than others. Dizziness, constantly nauseous and sick once a day. Zero appetite and sometimes cramping in my stomach. I struggle through work every day as I haven't told anyone there yet. I'm 7 weeks and have my first appointment with the midwife next week. Any advice?

janeje Thu 13-Apr-17 23:24:03

With my first child and I also had morning sickness morning, noon and night. I had to call in sick a couple of times because I felt like it was so unbearable. Unlike you, I was throwing up all day. All I could suggest is to drink No to morning sickness tea to ease your belly. It was the only remedy worked for my sickness.

babysurprise14 Fri 14-Apr-17 09:41:41

I feel for you had the same and nothing seemed to help, doctor recommended Sturgeron travel sickness tablets but I was reluctant to take them, I did a couple of times just to keep me sain and they did work, I also found the sea bands worked also. Don't try ginger as it doesn't bode well the other end! Dry crackers and fuzzy water with lemon helped me. I'm 18+4 and it eased at 16 weeks x

dede124 Fri 14-Apr-17 09:44:33

Ginger tea with lemon or lime and ginger biscuits work the best for me!

HN42 Sun 16-Apr-17 12:36:18

Just eat what you can, do not feel bad that you cannot eat, when I was at your stage all I could eat was child sized portions of food. I'd stick to carbs such as sliced bread, mashed potato, pasta, rice for meal times and for snacks I was just eating crackers, mini cheddars, grapes, apples, ginger biscuits. Just try to eat things little and often. My midwife told me not to resort to sugar but sometimes it was the only thing that took the nausea away, I found lemon juice based drinks and extra strong mints good on the really bad days for giving me a boost when I couldn't handle the nausea any longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now