Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements after GTT?

(9 Posts)
vfoster Mon 10-Apr-17 18:55:40

Hello! I've had my GTT this morning. I've felt horrible all afternoon but I'm putting that down to not eating since 3pm yesterday and not getting to eat after the GTT until 2pm.
I've had to lie down for most of the afternoon as I've felt so horribly drained.
I've also noticed that I've barely felt the baby move all day. I've had the odd gentle movement but nothing like usual. I'm only 2) weeks so I know there isn't really always a pattern at this point.
I've just had a cold drink and am trying to lie down and see if I can feel anything but not much is happening.
I know the advice is to just phone the midwife but I also don't want to overreact!
Anyone else experience reduced movements after GTT?

vfoster Mon 10-Apr-17 18:56:13

26 weeks...not 2 weeks 😳

ellesbellesxxx Mon 10-Apr-17 19:01:00

Call.
Midwives and my consultant reiterate that.. I have been in twice and everything was fine but I know I was getting into a state worrying and it's not worth it xx

ellesbellesxxx Mon 10-Apr-17 19:01:53

Not saying that to worry you btw but just to say it's worth doing if only for reassurance x

Zoe1983 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:08:26

Call the maternity assessment unit now and ask for advice. Please do not wait and also please do not think that if baby moves after drinking a cold glass of water they are okay. Movements should be unprovoked.

NannyPlum82 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:22:05

Please call. Never feel like you're being a pest.

vfoster Mon 10-Apr-17 22:17:08

Thank you for you're replies! I called up and went up to the maternity ward. Monitored for half an hour and everything was perfect! My GTT results were even back and normal. Good news all round so I will actually sleep tonight!

ellesbellesxxx Mon 10-Apr-17 22:26:34

Oh great news!!

kathrynelizabeth3005 Mon 10-Apr-17 23:05:27

Glad you went and got checked out OP!

Always worth it if you're worried and the Mat unit would always rather you go in and it be fine than you stay at home and something be wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now