Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you cope?

(8 Posts)
Expecting2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 14:04:36

I'm expecting my first baby a dn had an early scan they said there was a blob with a flutter which is the heart beat.

I now have to wait till 21st April for my booking in appointment and then they'll refer me for a scan.

My anxiety is so bad I'm so worried there is something wrong with baby if it's passed away inside me etc. How do people cope with the waiting to know if all is OK again at 12 weeks?

Any stories welcome x

Ricecrispies16 Mon 10-Apr-17 14:07:34

Remind yourself that what will be will be. No point worrying over something you have no control over, until you have reason to suspect otherwise, assume all is well smile

Heirhelp Mon 10-Apr-17 14:07:44

When was your early scan? You can look up the % of pregnancy which continue. To be honest after I had a MC and a friend had a baby who was born very poorly and only 4 days I did not relax until my baby was 8 weeks old.

GastonsWife Mon 10-Apr-17 14:23:58

Once you've got to twelve weeks you then have to get to twenty and then forty. Try and think of all the lovely things rather than the negative things. You have my complete sympathies. I'm 38 weeks and every day I worry she's died inside me and I'm going to have deliver a dead baby. Can you get a private scan?

Expecting2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 14:33:18

The early scan was only a week ago! They said their was a heart beat its just terrifying an dim such a worrier. I've just told my family and other half's family and they're excited but I feel like I shouldn't and they shouldnt get excited until 12 weeks +

Expecting2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 14:35:27

The woman said she couldn't see the baby very well on the scan but definitely had a heart beat. She said she thought 6 weeks. But from my last period I should have been more like 8 weeks. She didn't seem all that bothered tbh as I was at a clinic that deals with a lot of people wanting terminations. She wasn't even going to show us the screen. So atm I'm either 7 weeks due to her calculations or 9 due to mine x

Heirhelp Mon 10-Apr-17 17:42:25

A 6 to 8 weeks your baby is so tiny it is impossible to measure accurately and this why they can be really out on the dates.

Expecting2017 Mon 10-Apr-17 17:47:07

Thanks heir that's helpful as I thought maybe she didn't see a heart beat and it had passed away and stopped growing that's why it was smaller than I thought. I am such a worrier honestly!!! Did just see if you've had early scan and a heart beat and are between 6-10 weeks there's a 5% chance of miscarry into which had eased my mind a little x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now